In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore – The worlds of the Fire Emblem series and ATLUS games have crossed paths again. An interdimensional evil has invaded modern-day Tokyo, resulting in this fantastical barrage of music, style and danger. So, fight back! Battle through dungeons to pump up your strategy and creatively decimate your foes…before all hope fades to black. This updated edition includes paid DLC from the Wii U version of the game, plus new dungeons to explore, a new EX Story and a new music video featuring the song, “She is…”
Adventure Pinball Bundle – This pack includes the games: Dragon Pinball, Pirates Pinball and Titans Pinball.
Enjoy 3 games in one with the perfect reproduction of real pinball machines, with all kinds of graphic details and sounds.
Discover all the secrets, in these thrilling games, dragons, pirates and mythologic creatures are waiting for you.
Complete all the missions and become number 1 in the world or the best among your Friends, posting your high score on the online leaderboard.
- Arcade design.
- More than 8 missions to accomplish for game! Are you ready to beat these challenges?
Multiball, Extraball, Skillshot, Jackpots…
- Reproduction with all the details, lights and sounds.
- 4 different cameras to choose from.
- Vertical Gameplay using all the Nintendo Switch™ screen on handheld mode.
- Online Leaderboard.
If you prefer, you can also purchase them separately in the Nintendo eShop.
Available Jan. 17th.
Anime Studio Story – Step into the studio and produce your own hit anime with an original hero!
Produce your own hit anime starring a character of your making!
Select a face, body, and presto! Your completed hero can then explode onto the scene of your show, wowing watchers to rule the rankings! Categories include “Dateability,” “Popular with Kids,” and more! As the animaestro, only you can bring status to your studio!
Speaking of your studio, equip it with a library, motion capture room, and even a theater! Educate your staff in the anime way to craft a classic that will echo through the generations!
Ready to hit the drawing board?
Arcade Archives EXERION – A space wars game that feels set in another dimension!
“EXERION” is a shooting game released by JALECO in 1983.
Players must grapple with the inertial force of their fighter within a pseudo-3D space all while properly using dual and single beam weapons to destroy incoming enemies.
The “Arcade Archives” series has faithfully reproduced many classic Arcade masterpieces.
Players can change various game settings such as game difficulty, and also reproduce the atmosphere of arcade display settings at that time. Players can also compete against each other from all over the world with their high scores.
Please enjoy the masterpiece that built a generation for video games.
Caveman Chuck – Classic 2D platformer set in the Stone Age where you can fight with dinosaurs.
Caveman Chuck is a classic 2D platformer where you fight with dinosaurs in stone age. You’re taken back all the way to the Stone Age where you play the role of a crude caveman named Chuck. You’ll quickly realize he shares his cave with his wife, who is heavily invested in the relationship, and as things often have it, she yells at him rather frequently.
One day Chuck’s wife gets kidnapped by a pterodactyl much to Chuck’s delight. He’s pretty happy at first but eventually gets hungry and quickly comes to appreciate his wife’s cooking skills. He sets out to free his woman.
Available Jan. 21st.
Curious Cases – In this 3 chapter story, you play as a modern day legend, Detective Thomas Moore. He has solved more cases than one can count, where others hit dead-ends, he gets to work.
The game consists of 3 chapters, each chapter unlocks at the end of the previous one. Once a chapter is unlocked, players can jump to it, to continue where they left off.
A scientist has gone missing, after claiming they made a groundbreaking discovery! Vanished from a locked office with only one exit this extraordinary case immediately grabs Detective Moore’s attention. A modern day legend, Detective Thomas Moore has solved more cases than one can count, where others hit dead-ends, he gets to work. Some cases are more difficult than others, but he always comes through, but this time is different… Something seems off about this case, it is almost as if greater forces are in play…
Doggie Ninja The Burning Strikers – Doggie + Ninja = Doggie Ninja! Here they comes!
“Doggie Ninja The Burning Strikers” is a soccer game that can be played by a maximum of 4 players.
No matter where, when and whom you are with, you can enjoy this party game. Let’s enjoy this battle!
★ Refreshing and casual eSports
- You only need one button to control your characters and play in this soccer game!
- You can enjoy the 2 vs 2 team battle mode if you have 4 players gathered!
- No need for complexity! You will know how to play naturally by watching it!
★ Easy that enables everyone to become a super player!
- The power of your shot will increase when you caught the soccer pass successfully! Try to catch more pass from your teammate to complete a powerful burning shot!
- Moreover, since the ball will bounce back after hitting the wall, you can use the wall to pass your ball as well!
- Let’s enjoy the continuous thrill of speed!
★Tournament mode for even 1 or 2 players
- No matter you play individually or play with your friends together, it will be a great game experience!
- Try to fight and score more goals while your enemy, the computer, becomes stronger and stronger!
Dreamwalker: Never Fall Asleep – Beware of dreams!
In a small tourist town a young girl, the daughter of the town’s mayor, falls in coma due to an accident. The impotence of the local physicians forces Mrs. Mayor to seek the aid of a psychiatrist, who is rumored to possess a unique ability to traverse people’s dreams – a Dreamwalker.
Dungeon Shooting – Switch through various weapons and take down foes! Thrilling top-down shooting!
The player can obtain various weapons inside the dungeon.
Use multiple weapons and make your way through to the end of the dungeon!
The dungeon is crawling with enemies that will flock to attack.
Read the enemies’ attacks and complete the game your own way!
Ember – Ember is a homage to classic role-playing games that features a deep branching story, endless exploration across a huge open world, a robust skill system, and an intricate crafting system.
Back in the earliest days, there was no sun and the world was dark. The heavens opened up and stars fell like beacons into the pitch black world, and they were known as “Embers”. Powerful and wise druids of a primordial race, “the Lightbringers,” roamed the land searching for this luminous matter. They performed a ritual of awakening to call the “Embers” out of their deep sleep. Suddenly the world became bright, and the veil of darkness was lifted. The Embers were the embodiment of magical flame, light, and life, but as word spread about the sheer power of the Embers, they came to be hunted and captured…and so the War for Ember began…
A passion project 10 years in the making, Ember is a homage to classic role-playing games (RPG). Enter the world of Ember as a resurrected “Lightbringer” summoned to protect the dying Embers as the world is on the brink of collapse. Beginning in the Deep Barrows, traverse vast environments divided between above ground and underground realms – ranging from lush forests to dry deserts and dark abysses – to reach the City of Light. See how the story unfolds through encounters with strangers by making pivotal decisions about your own destiny.
- Classic-style RPG with 30+ hours of epic adventure
- Epic storytelling filled with fascinating characters, lore, adventure, and humor
- Over 70 quests with diverse gameplay enabling players to choose their path
- Engaging party-based real-time combat system with tactical pause
- Over 65 combat skills for the player to use in customized battle party strategy
- Encounter hundreds of NPCs with their own tales to tell
- In-depth crafting system, from baking bread to forging magic weapons and armor
- A beautiful seamless open world with over 20 handcrafted outdoor environments and dark dungeons that feature puzzles, traps, weather changes and day / night cycles
- Adventure with different companions with their own backstories and quests
Available Jan. 21st.
Extreme Trucks Simulator – Try the latest simulator where you can feel what’s like to take control of Extreme Vehicles!
Try the latest simulator where you can feel what’s like to take control of Extreme Vehicles such as Construction Excavators, Dumper Trucks, Bulldozers, Haulers, Cranes, Garbage Trucks and many more!
Extreme Trucks Simulator features many scenarios: country roads, quarry mine, deserts, mountains, cities etc…
Easy and intuitive controls will let you experience and feel these extreme trucks!
More than 8 modes with a total of 80 different levels waiting for you. Show off your skills, prove that you’re the best! Play Extreme Trucks Simulator!
- More than 8 modes
- Smooth and realistic physics
- Different locations to explore
- More than 80 challenging levels
- Free Ride mode
- Detailed vehicle interiors
- Automatic and Manual Transmission (with Clutch)
- Real engine sounds
- New awesome weather conditions
- Request new maps and modes on our social media pages!
Jurassic Excite – A popular dinosaur for kids appears in the game! Let’s swell with a simple game that can be enjoyed by the family!
Dinosaurs who lived in peace began to rampage with the power of magic!
With a magic hammer Help the dinosaurs!
Just swing the hammer in the direction of the dinosaurs!
You can also shake a hammer with Joy-Con!
Because you can play together with them,
Challenge your friends and family to difficult stages!
Something happens if you get a high score on a difficult stage.
Lydia – Explore the thought-provoking memories of a child with drunk and broken parents. Based on real experience, this award-winning story makes no compromise.
How may a resenting and alcoholic household affect a little girl full of imagination? How may she perceive the twisted and manipulative family dynamics?
Grow up with Lydia and try to understand the feelings, behaviors and events that molded critical moments of her life. Confront the monster with your own sensitivity.
This hand-drawn game can be completed in around one hour. The emotional music was composed by renowned film composer Juhana Lehtiniemi.
The issues reflected in this story unfortunately happen in real people’s daily life. You can provide some help by donating to a supportive non-profit organization via the #LydiaDonation DLC
Available Jan. 17th.
Maitetsu:Pure Station – Sotetsu had lost his entire family in a rail accident and was adopted into the Migita household, which runs a shochu brewery in the city of Ohitoyo.
He returned to his hometown to save it from the potential water pollution that would occur if they accepted the proposal to build an aerocraft factory nearby.
He woke up the RailRoad Hachiroku by accident and became her owner. For different purposes, they agreed to help find her lost locomotive, with the help of his stepsister Hibiki, the town’s mayor and local railway chief, Paulette and others.
- Vivid Japanese voices and animated sprites for every characters.
- A Gallery for enjoying CGs, scenes and music experienced in the game.
- Tips for professional knowledge about trains in details.
Planetary Defense Force – Jump into the shoes of an interplanetary defender! Grab weapons, build towers, expand ground economics and protect planets from space invasions.
Suit up, engage all of your defenses, pick a weapon and wait for aliens to come. As part of a Planetary Defense Force (PDF), you are tasked with protecting planets in this unique mix of twin-stick shooter, tower defense and city builder game.
Move between the planet and defense sphere during the assault to manage both towers on top and economics back on the planet.
Defend against many types of monsters and huge bosses.
Planetary Defense Force is a beautiful visual experience with a lot of bullets, colors, explosions, lasers and mayhem.
Become an ultimate Defender.
Psikyo Shooting Stars Alpha – The arcade strikes back with a collection of six white-knuckle shoot-’em-up classics from Psikyo’s greatest hits!
STRIKERS 1945, STRIKERS 1945 II, STRIKERS 1945 III, SOL DIVIDE, Dragon Blaze, and ZERO GUNNER 2 combine forces in one arcade collection! Bring the arcade home by blasting through these shooters vertically in the popular ‘TATE’ mode for the ultimate shoot-’em-up experience!
Available Jan. 21st.
Red Bow – Would you give your last chance to a little girl?
Roh finds herself trapped in a strange dark nightmare world. Help her realize what role she plays by exploring creepy environments.
Solve puzzles and find hidden secrets on your adventure. The items you find along the way will decide on which ending you get!
- Decide people’s fates in the world of the void
- Explore your environment to solve puzzles
- Meet creepy eerie monsters
- Multiple endings
This game depicts scenes of death and suicide and is not recommended for a younger audience or those who are sensitive of the topic.
Available Jan. 17th.
Robots under attack! – Shoot the robots using your bow!
Solve puzzles, fight with the bosses, use a variety of tools and traps to destroy the robots.
- Play in “motion sensor” mode to aim using the gyroscope and a single Joy-Con™.
- Destroy the enemy using arrows and mechanisms. Use a variety of devices, activate buttons, portals and traps, as well as many other interesting things.
- Use different types of arrows. Choose between simple, heavy, fiery and explosive arrow.
- 100 levels and 10 seasons of play.
Try to finish them all.
Sea King Hunter – Protect the world’s oceans from giant sea monsters!
Sea King Hunter is a fixed-screen marine action shooting game. Players will take on huge sea monsters that are rampant in various places, earn rewards, get special armor with the rewards they have, and take on even stronger UMA. In the two-player cooperative play mode, players will take on UMA for a high score.
Starting this century, Unidentified Mysterious Animal, also known as UMA caused a serie of incidents. UMA’s frequent apparition became a huge society problem. To fight back against the invasion of UMA, the UMA Hunter Association was created. The UMA Hunters developed special battle suit to eradicate sea monsters. They are still fighting underwater to protect the world peace.
Seek Hearts – Set out on an adventure to discover Izen’s mysterious origins in a sci-fi RPG!
With questions swirling in his mind about why he was created and by who, Izen sets out on a journey to discover his origins. However, as he and those with him pursue answers to this mystery, they fail to notice a shadow creeping up upon them with the intent to stop them in their tracks…
Upgrade Izen’s abilities with arm/leg parts, core and chips, and activate the armament drive and fight with the support of fairies!
Add a little spice to life with titles and enjoy the free arrangement of battle speed and encounter rates! Get easy items from fairies that hide in stockings!
Loads of extra content including a battle arena and more still awaits!
SELF – Dreams use so many bits and pieces of our memory, but not in a logical, linear way. – psychologist Rosalind Cartwright
SELF is a Kafkaesque suspense text-based adventure game with simulation and puzzle mechanics.
My father vanishes, but only I know it. Nobody else notices that, including my mother, even after I mentioned my father to them directly. I have to embark on a journey to find him back, all alone.
In this game, boundaries between dream, reality, memory, and truth are all diffuse.
You will meet many puzzles and challenges in it.
You need to make choices, which lead you to very different endings.
You will piece the clues and leads you collected together to a complete story.
But could you seize the opportunity to find your SELF in this introspective journey?
- The whole story happens in an interactive retro screen;
- Bullet hell mini-games inspired by Undertale and Just Shapes & Beats;
- Unique interpretation with impressive pixel style line drawings and contagious emotional experience;
- Fragment narration with multi-endings;
So Many Me: Extended Edition – A charming puzzle platformer starring Filo and his band of misfit clones as they attempt to save a world threatened by an ancient, malevolent evil.
Filo is Filo, one of a kind or so he thought as he is woken from his peaceful sleep and eat life to go on a quest of great importance. Which he doesn’t really care much for the details so he just does.
His journey however starts in a magical fountain which splits Filo’s essence into hundreds of clones each shaped by an individual part of his personality which are called Me’s.
However they are all a part of him so they are compelled to move when he does. Me’s as well as Filo now also have the ability to turn into magical stone platforms which can be used for puzzle solving.
Eating transmitter fruits changes the properties of the transformations. Filo can also work with the other Me’s to do special dances to allow them to transform into creatures like the Jellysaur or the Tankephaunt. He runs into other characters like Flora who seems to be a fan girl. Filo is supposed to be going after The organization called Cloud 9 in the world of Xio, runny Baron Vost. The rest he is just goofing off.
Available Jan. 17th.
Soccer, Tactics & Glory – Soccer, Tactics & Glory is a strategy game in the football world.
Soccer, Tactics & Glory is a strategy game in the football world.
Soccer, Tactics & Glory reinvents the basics of the football management genre, making it appealing to everyone, not just the most hardcore football management aficionados. The game skips the boring parts of football management games – all those endless tables, numbers, routine and micromanagement. But it is deep enough to keep players engrossed for hundreds of hours.
If you enjoy turn-based gameplay, strategy or tycoon games, you will love Soccer, Tactics & Glory.
- Unique turn-based system
- Club development involving economics and RPG elements
- Powerful face editor
- Online game support
- Hotseat mode for up to 8 players
Available Jan. 22nd.
Sorry, James – You are James Garner, a security engineer at Mantis Corp., a leading tech company in weaponry field. You got a usual task to decrypt company files. Unusual is that these files contain bizarre chat. Things become weirder when you realize that your job is to “hack love story.”
Why is this so important for Mantis?
What can be hidden in someone’s conversation?
What will you risk to find out the truth?
Sorry, James is non-linear story-driven puzzle game which takes unusual step on storytelling. You will discover plot through dialogues of two strangers and learn a tale about James, whose role is to decrypt files containing that chat. Along with creepy thriller and conspiracy atmosphere, there is the unique game mechanic that reminds mix of Sudoku and Minesweeper-like gameplay.
- STORY. Witness non-usual storytelling, which revolves around hacking a love story.
- DIALOGUES. Based on a chat with real people, psychology researches, and real-life conversations.
- VISUAL. Dive into office atmosphere with elements of a thriller in retro style graphics.
- GAMEPLAY. Unique puzzle experience mix inspired by Sudoku and Minesweeper.
- LEVELS. Half a hundred levels that will satisfy both hardcore and casual players with up to 3-6 hours of gameplay.
Spider Solitaire – Spider Solitaire is one of the most famous solitaire card games. Now on Nintendo Switch.
Spider Solitaire is one of the most popular solitaire games in the world!
If you are a big fan of Spider Solitaire, Klondike solitaire, FreeCell Solitaire or other card games, you will love this spectacular and highly polished game!
Change the game’s appearance to suit your own taste.
Progress through the game to unlock unique card sets and backgrounds.
Customize your Solitare to make it unique and exclusive.
Stunning animations and gameplay designed for endless entertainment in the palm of your hand.
- Playable with touch screen, Joy-Con™ or Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
- 15 beautifully designed 3D themes
- Play in 3D mode or in classic 2D top-down view
- Detailed statistics and 25+ achievements to unlock
- 25+ awesome music tracks
- 10+ handcrafted card art on the front and back
- Undo and hints to help you when you are stuck
- Game tutorial for new players
Available Jan. 17th.
Super Crush KO – Crush robots, save your cat… oh, and also the world!
Super Crush KO is a fast-paced brawler set in a vibrant, near-future city. Zip up your favorite neon jacket and combo your way through swarms of deadly robots to save your kidnapped kitten and, while you’re at it, save humanity from an AI apocalypse.
- Lightning-fast gameplay that seamlessly blends run n’ gun action and intense beat-em-up combat
- Launch, juggle, and shoot waves of robots out of the sky in stylish, easy-to-execute combos
- Keep your score climbing from enemy to enemy with thunderous ground smashes, high flying aerial attacks, and the devastating Super Beam
- Blast through a vibrant world inspired by colorful urban cityscapes and pastel skylines
- Online leaderboards and ranking systems will keep you coming back to S-Rank over 20 challenging levels
To the Moon – A story-driven experience about two doctors traversing backward through a dying man’s memories to artificially fulfill his last wish.
Dr. Rosalene and Dr. Watts have peculiar jobs: They give people another chance to live, all the way from the very beginning… but only in their patients’ heads.
Due to the severity of the operation, the new life becomes the last thing the patients remember before drawing their last breath. Thus, the operation is only done to people on their deathbeds, to fulfill what they wish they had done with their lives, but didn’t.
This particular story follows their attempt to fulfill the dream of an elderly man, Johnny. With each step back in time, a new fragment of Johnny’s past is revealed. As the two doctors piece together the puzzled events that spanned a lifetime, they seek to find out just why the frail old man chose his dying wish to be what it is.
And Johnny’s last wish is, of course… to go to the moon.
- A unique & non-combat story-driven experience
- Innovative mix between adventure game elements and classic RPG aesthetics
- Acclaimed original soundtrack that closely ties to the story
- An espresso execution with zero filler and no time drains
The Station – Welcome aboard The Station
The Station is a first-person sci-fi mystery set on a space station sent to study a sentient alien civilization.
Assuming the role of a recon specialist, players must unravel a mystery which will decide the fate of two civilizations.
Witch & Hero 2 – Witch & Hero 2 is as stylish ‘8-bit’ action game in which you control both characters at the same time!
In each stage your goal is simple – clear the enemies. You can carry the fight with the Hero and act as a shield, while the Witch is physically weak but capable of using powerful magic. Only by combining the abilities of both characters will you succeed.
Eventually you earn a ‘one-shot’ magical power to turn the tide of the toughest battles!
Continue the adventure that began in Witch & Hero and try to conquer the Demon Lord!
Nintendo eShop on New Nintendo 3DS:
Small World Z* – A new adventure every time you play.
Travel through an INFINITE OPEN WORLD and interact with an ENDLESS amount of NPCs in an UNDEAD SURVIVAL ACTION-RPG.
The world is being infested by the undead army of The Underworld. As a survivor you must fend for yourself. Find weapons, steal clothes, make money, and collect other useful survival gear. Recruit other survivors to your party and they will assist you on your journey, or kill others to steal their belongings. You have one chance to defeat the four undead bosses and proceed to the underworld where the fate of the world lies in your hands.
- Infinite Open World
- Endless Interactive NPCs
- Over 30 Weapons! (Flamethrower and Chainsaw Included)
- 5 Unique Player Abilities
- CHALLENGING BOSS FIGHTS! (BEWARE!)
- Fast-Paced Real-Time Combat!
- Highscore System!
Nintendo eShop on Wii U:
Regina & Mac – Join the macaw Regina and the tyrannosaurus Mac on their adventure as they try to escape a lifeless research lab. The only way out? To find the golden Floppy discs on which the memory of the lab’s computer system U64 is stored so that it can help the duo to find an exit. Regina & Mac is a 3D platformer that stands in the tradition of the classics from the late 90s and offers a fair challenge even for genre aficionados.- Venture through nine expansive, yet compact worlds with ten golden Floppies each.
- Tackle the tasks in your order. You are free to explore the lab and its levels and choose the order in which you want to collect the Floppies.
- Exploration, Platforming and Puzzle solving await.
- An ever-expanding move set keeps the experience fresh from start to finish.
- Featuring visuals reminiscent of the early 3D days at 60 frames per seconds. Relive the atmosphere of yesteryear without sacrificing comfort.
*Only playable on New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL and New Nintendo 2DS XL systems.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- New Year Sale – Ring in the New Year with great savings on Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS games! You can save on a large variety of must-have titles, including Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition. The sale runs until tonight (Jan.16) at 11:59 p.m. PT, so make sure to check out the full list of deals available at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software.
Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo.