The game’s designer, Ben Mitchel, said: “We’ve refined, improved and polished Space Ribbon, to bring it to Switch with maximum playability and sharp, neon-laced graphics.”
About the game
The year is 2132 and the earth’s remaining resources have been mined to create Space Ribbon – a reality TV racing platform set in the far reaches of the galaxy. Giant pandas and tigers spew illuminated ribbons of solid space junk from their mouths (space ribbons.) Humans compete by racing the beaten up cars left strewn across the earth in the dystopian world of 2132.
This hedonistic pass-time has become the fastest growing sport in the galaxy. The aim of the game is to chase down a giant space beast and race to enter the creature’s mouth on a series of different psychedelic racetracks. Modify a collection of junked up classic cars and compete to become the intergalactic winner. The world is watching you…
Background and price
Space Ribbon was originally made available to play on Steam. A VR version of the game was brought out in 2017, playable on Vive and Oculus Rift. The game is available on early release from 15th August and goes on general release to the Nintendo Switch store, in Europe and the US, from August 24th, 2018. The game will retail on the Nintendo Switch Store at £14.99.
- You will never play on the same track twice
- Intelligent track generation combines procedural AI with great track design
- Navigate a twisting, turning, unpredictable racetrack as it appears ahead of you
- Race your friends with up to 4 player split-screen
- 2 classes of car, with 4 in each class, each with different strengths
- Level up your racer to unlock new and harder race modes including cosmic mode
- Unlock new cars and upgrades to improve engine, grip and slipstreaming