Visit iconic locations from DRAGON QUEST IV: The Chapters of the Chosen in Upcoming RPG game from the DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS Series
Fans of DRAGON QUEST are sure to be excited about the upcoming release of DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince. Players will explore the untold story of Psaro, the enigmatic prince of monsterkind as they visit iconic locations from DRAGON QUEST IV: The Chapters of the Chosen. Psaro is set on revenge against the ruthless and cruel Master of Monsterkind, and it’s up to players to decide his fate. DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince will launch worldwide on December 1, 2023, exclusively on Nintendo Switch.
Today, SQUARE ENIX is offering up details from their upcoming role-playing game DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince, offering fans an alternative retelling of the DRAGON QUEST IV: The Chapters of the Chosen story from the perspective of its main protagonist, Psaro.
Psaro is a demi-human prince of Nadiria, the monster world, and son of Randolfo the Tyrant, the Master of Monsterkind. His quest begins after being rejected from his father, who curses Psaro so that he may never harm a creature of monster blood directly. Vowing revenge against his father’s cruelty, Psaro set out to claim his place as the true Master of Monsterkind.
Key figures players will meet throughout Psaro’s adventure in DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince, include the following:
- Randolfo the Tyrant, The Uncompromising Ruler of All Nadiria: Psaro’s imposing father, his archnemesis and the Master of Monsterkind. He has governed the chaos of Nadiria for many years with an iron fist.
- Dolph the Destroyer, Nadiria’s Most Vicious General: Randolfo the Tyrant’s eldest son, rumoured to be the most powerful fighter in all Nadiria. Possessed of unmatched strength, he is widely believed to be his father’s chosen successor to the Nadirian throne.
- The Zenith Dragon, The All-Seeing Dragon God: The Dragon God who watches all-knowingly over the world’s affairs from Zenithia, a castle in the clouds.
- Healie, A Boy in Search of an Old Friend: A naïve young boy who travels the world in search of a long-lost companion. He didn’t always look like this though…
- Ludo, An Elusive and Enigmatic Youth: A mysterious young man with a penchant for peculiar poetry. He has a habit of appearing in unexpected places and seems to know Psaro all too well…
- Percival, Army Captain Devoted to His King: An army captain who is fiercely loyal to his liege lord and will carry out even the most barbaric orders without a second thought.
- General Chayne, Trusted Keeper of Diabolic Hall: Keeper of the fortress known as Diabolic Hall. This hardened warrior seeks to use his immense power to stop Psaro from achieving his ambition.
- Miriam, Psaro’s Sick Mother: Psaro’s human mother. She lives in the human world of and has come down with a mysterious illness.
- The Chosen Heroes of DQIV: In DQIV, the Chosen Heroes set out to stop Psaro and end his cruel ambitions in order to save the world. It would seem their actions will influence this story too, and judging from their grim expressions, the threat they face is surely a dire one…
Players must use their monster wrangling skills to succeed in Psaro’s mission of reclaiming his rightful place. DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince will bring back several iconic locations from DRAGON QUEST IV, such as Rosehill, Diabolic Hall and the Zenithian Dragon.
What role these locations play in the game’s story is left for players to discover.
In addition to their story-based adventure, players who pre-order or pre-purchase the game will also receive the Head Start Set, which includes items such as Stardust Earrings, Scholar’s Specs and Bonus Balls, allowing them to truly take control of the experience.
Fans of DRAGON QUEST can now look forward to DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince as it prepares to launch worldwide on December 1, 2023, exclusively on Nintendo Switch. With its engaging story, unforgettable characters and iconic locations to visit, players will explore the untold story of Psaro and decide his fate.