Indie publisher Digerati and developer Glee-Cheese Studio are delighted to announce A Musical Story for PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and iOS. The game is scheduled to launch this summer. A music/narrative experience set in the 1970s, A Musical Story is part rhythm game, part interactive art, and uses the connection between music and memory as a central theme. There’s no text or dialogue – the entire story is told through the game’s original music (influenced by bands such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and Air) and distinct animated art style. Watch the announcement trailer for A Musical Story:
A Musical Story is a rhythm game set against a 70s backdrop. Explore the memories of Gabriel, a young man trying to come to terms with his situation through the connections to his musical memory. Each correctly played melody opens a new chapter into Gabriel’s past, bringing him closer to the truth.
- Rekindle Gabriel’s memories with rhythmic button presses in time with the music
- Storytelling without words – discover Gabriel’s journey through music and visuals alone
- Gabriel’s story comes to life through a beautifully crafted art style created by Alexandre Rey
- A unique original soundtrack featuring 26 songs, composed and performed by Charles Bardin and Valentin Ducloux
- Play every song perfectly to unlock a hidden chapter
A Musical Story has been picked for the London Games Festival Official Selection, and will be showcased as part of the 10-day online event, starting March 19. More details can be found here: https://games.london/ A free demo that gives players the chance to sample A Musical Story‘s first 10 chapters will be available from March 19, to coincide with the start of London Games Festival. The demo will be available to download from the game’s Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1546100