Street Fighter® V: Arcade Edition, an updated version of the latest game in the hit fighting series exclusively for the PlayStation 4 and Windows PC is available physically and digitally in North America today and Europe from January 19th. SFV: Arcade Edition provides the core content from the initial Street Fighter® V release and access to the downloadable content updates such as the previously released Cinematic Story Mode and Versus CPU Mode. SFV: Arcade Edition purchasers also get the Season 1 and 2 DLC characters** and a host of new features, all for MSRP $39.99. For European pricing, please check with local retailers.
SFV: Arcade Edition includes a wide variety of new modes and balance updates listed below, which will also be available for owners of the original Street Fighter V via a free update today. Current players of Street Fighter V and new owners of SFV: Arcade Edition will be placed into the same player pool, with PS4 and PC cross-platform play continuing to unite fans into a unified player base.
The new content available alongside SFV: Arcade Edition includes:
- Arcade Mode - Journey through six different story paths, each representing a main Street Fighter title: Street Fighter, Street Fighter II, Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter III, Street Fighter IV, and Street Fighter V. Each path includes characters faithful to the respective title or appropriately representative of the character. There is online leaderboard support and by reaching the end of each path, players will be treated to one of over 200 all-new custom illustrations.
- Second V-Triggers for all characters - Characters in the game and upcoming roster additions will each receive a second V-Trigger option that opens up different ways to fight, paving the way for new strategies, combos, and options for veteran and new players.
- Team Battle Mode - A new mode for two local teams of up to five characters battling it out for victory. There are two options: Elimination and Best of Series with various preference settings such as recovering Vitality between matches or allowing the winning player to keep their EX Gauge, and more.
- Extra Battle Mode - A new mode that allows players to complete special limited-time challenges to obtain various rewards, including Fight Money, Experience Points and unique costumes.
- Special Challenges - Not to be confused with the current weekly missions which are still present and yield Fight Money, Special Challenges are scattered throughout the year and will offer unique titles for players upon completion.
- And more - The game will also include an all new Gallery to view the unlockable Arcade Mode illustrations, Sound option (to listen to stage background music, character themes, and more tunes), redesigned UI, and 3D Costume Previews.
Available from today, Sakura kicks off the Season 3 DLC character line-up and will later be joined by Sagat, Cody, Blanka, and newcomers Falke and G throughout the year. As before, all of the DLC characters in Street Fighter V are earnable completely free of charge through completing various in-game challenges and receiving earned in-game currency, called Fight Money. For those that can’t wait, in-game content can be obtained instantly using real money.
**DLC character content not available for free to current Street Fighter V players, but can be accessed using earned Fight Money or purchased with real money. For purchasers of the disc version of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, this content will be redeemable via a download code token.