Arthurian legends track down the infamous Ripper in 1888 Victorian London, An immersive, intense and ambitious investigation to tackle on consoles from 27 January.
Hidden Trap, in partnership with Dolores Entertainment, is pleased to announce the arrival of the award-winning and critically acclaimed narrative and investigative game Dance of Death: Du Lac & Fey on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 (EU&NA), and Nintendo Switch (EU&NA) on January 27th, 2023.
The game, originally developed by Salix Games and Tea Clipper, praised for its exceptional graphics, great storyline, and fantastic voice cast, immerses players in 1888 Victorian London as they track down Jack the Ripper with Arthurian legends Sir Lancelot Du Lac and Morgana Le Fey.
In Dance of Death: Du Lac & Fey players take on the roles of the legendary figures of Sir Lancelot Du Lac and Morgana Le Fey, also known as Fey. Du Lac is a highly skilled detective, while Fey is cursed to live in the form of a dog. This curse grants her a keen sense of smell and the ability to speak to animals, providing the team with extra clues and assistance in their investigations. They also have the assistance of psychic Mary Kelly, who has the ability to see into the future and predict the next victims of the Ripper.
The game offers a wide array of true-to-life locations in Victorian London, giving players the chance to immerse themselves in the sights, sounds, and locations of the Ripper’s London. With historically accurate crime scenes, players can examine scenes, and interact with objects and characters, switching between the abilities of each character to uncover the truth and track down the infamous Jack the Ripper.
Dance of Death: Du Lac & Fey boasts a star-studded voice cast, including Perdita Weeks, known for her roles in Penny Dreadful and The Tudors as Lady Morgana Le Fey, Gareth David-Lloyd, known for his performances in Dragon Age and Torchwood as Sir Lancelot Du Lac, and Alexandra Roach, known for her roles in Utopia and Black Mirror as Mary Kelly.
The game’s original soundtrack is composed by the world-renowned composers Jools Scott (Flanders Remembers St Pauls Cathedral) and Jeff Rona (God of War, Devil May Cry 5). The TIGA Games Industry Awards recognized the game’s outstanding audio design, and it has also been nominated for various other awards. The game’s story is crafted by Philip Huxley, writer on Batman: Arkham Knight and Killzone, and BAFTA Breakthrough Brit winner Jessica Saunders.
Dance of Death: Du Lac & Fey KEY FEATURES
- The atmosphere of Victorian London shaken by Jack the Ripper murderers
- 3 uniquely empowered playable characters: The knight Sir Lancelot Du Lac, the cursed dog-like witch Morgan Le Fey and the Ripper’s latest victim, Mary Kelly.
- Innovative gameplay combining the characters’ investigative abilities
- Fully playable with the controller on PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch.
- Historically accurate crime scenes and authentic locations in 19th century London and Whitechapel.
- Beautiful environments, characters, and cinematics
- A stellar cast of voice actors, including Perdita Weeks (Kira from Ready Player One), Gareth David-Lloyd (Solas from Dragon Age), and Alexandra Roach (Carrie from Black Mirror).
- An intense storyline from award-winning writers Philip Huxley (Batman: Arkham Knight and Battlefield) and Britain’s Jessica Saunders (BAFTA Breakthrough).
- An immersive soundtrack by world-renowned composers Jools Scott (Flanders Remembers St Pauls Cathedral) and Jeff Rona (God of War, Devil May Cry 5).
Dance of Death: Du Lac & Fey Localizations include: Spanish (New), English, French, German and Russian