Live a new life as a small town chemist this September, and try it on Steam now
Watch the Potion Permit announcement trailer here.
Fans of games such as Stardew Valley and Rune Factory will enjoy stepping into a new life in a small town and using your unique skills to gather ingredients, fight monsters, brew potions, diagnose patients, and keep the community healthy.
After coming to Moonbury to heal the mayor’s daughter’s illness, players end up finding a new home for themselves in an expansive, open-ended sim RPG. Given this is a town that normally relied on a witch doctor for their medical needs, you’ll need to prove yourself personally and professionally.
The over 30 residents of Moonbury all need your help in Potion Permit, and you’ll build up relationships with them as you do. You might even find a special someone and fall in love! Making new friends and aiding the community will provide opportunities to improve the town, its buildings, and your new home.
Not to mention your faithful pup will be by your side the whole time. (And yes, you can pet the dog in Potion Permit!)
Key Features of Potion Permit:
- Diagnosis — Chemist: Become Moonbury’s most accomplished and beloved chemist by visiting patients to discover the diseases that hide behind their symptoms.
- Finders, Keepers, so Start Finding: Visit the lands surrounding Moonbury to gather materials like plants and flowers, and hunt monsters and wild animals for all your potions’ ingredients.
- Something’s Brewing: Head to your cauldron to turn the ingredients you carefully collected into life-saving potions. As you do, you’ll become more experienced and learn new recipes to up your pharmaceutical game.
- Fast Friends — and Maybe More: When they aren’t constantly falling ill, you’ll find the residents of Moonbury are quite social folks! Enjoy some downtime and get to know them better. And who knows — some of the bachelors and bachelorettes might also want to spend extra time with you.
- Make Your House a Home: You’ll have your own house in town and, when you’re not working, you could be decorating it! The stores don’t sell the rug that would tie the room together? Craft your own!
- Who’s a Good Boy?!: Your dog is a faithful companion and really does deserve all of the pets, so make sure he gets them! After all, you should reward him for helping you collect items!
Players can take their first steps toward becoming Moonbury’s most reliable chemist by playing the Potion Permit Steam demo. Folks will move to town, diagnose their first patients, gather ingredients for the medicine to heal them, and brew the elixirs that will save the day. Play the Potion Permit demo here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1337760/Potion_Permit/.
Potion Permit will launch for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, and on PC via Epic Games Store, GOG, and Steam worldwide — including on Latin American storefronts — on September 22, 2022.
PQube partnered with FunStock to release limited-edition Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 physical versions of Potion Permit that include a detailed art book, cleaning cloth with potions on it, and an acrylic standee. Visit funstock.co.uk for more information and to pre-order the game.