Clone-based caper launches later this month on PC, console versions to follow
Indie publisher Digerati is delighted to announce it’s teaming up with developer Charge Games to bring clone sacrificing puzzle-platformer, Overloop, to PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. Overloop will launch first on PC, arriving 26th August on Steam, Epic, GOG, Humble, and other storefronts. The console versions will follow in Q4 2022 (exact release date TBC).
Watch the Overloop trailer.
Created by Charge Games – a development duo of George Kobyakov (programmer, game design, artist) and Charles Bardin (narrative design, sound design) – Overloop is a light-hearted adventure set in a dark future where big brain scientists create a cloning gun – the Quantum Matter Replication Device – and their profit-hungry paymasters sell it to the masses, with disastrous consequences.
“We are a small team, but we are huge game fanatics. We’re especially crazy about fun gameplay, atmosphere, and humor. And story. And music,” explains Kobyakov. “Our goal was to successfully combine all these elements into a game, and we think we’ve achieved that with Overloop. It’s the game we’ve always wanted to create and we can’t wait to share it with the world!”
The Overloop soundtrack, composed by Charles Bardin (A Musical Story), is available here: https://charlesbardin.bandcamp.com/album/overloop-soundtrack
About the game
Overloop is a puzzle-platformer set in a dystopian world. Step into an ethically compromised future where cloning technology has wreaked havoc on humanity – and it’s sort of all YOUR fault! As an employee of nefarious megacorp, Infinity Inc., and the inventor of its Quantic Matter Replication Device (aka the QMRD, aka the cause of the world going to hell in a handbasket), it’s up to you to sort out the mess you helped create.
Grab your cloning gun and hot-foot it through a world descending into clone-induced chaos. Create clones of yourself and use them to solve puzzles and save humanity.
Get to it genius!
Key Overloop Features
- Create clones! Make endless copies of yourself with the cloning gun and use your perfectly formed doppelgangers – up to four at once – to overcome obstacles and solve puzzles
- Sacrifice clones! Dystopias are very dangerous places, and many clones will suffer hilariously gruesome deaths along the way. Fried! Crushed! Mangled! Minced! RIP clones 🙁
- Explore a world of weirdness! From suspiciously friendly AI and cultish crackpots, to modified corn and cloned panda bears. This freaky future has (almost) everything!
- Think about ethics! Is it better that a clone should die, rather than the real you? Consider the morality of human cloning as you condemn countless versions of yourself to death
- Have a mustache! Play as a hero with sweet facial hair. Purely cosmetic. Totally badass