The nominees for gamescom award 2021 have been set. The international jury comprised of German and international games experts, journalists, and content creators has nominated games in 22 categories. Now, partners and fans of gamescom (August 25 – August 27) are eagerly expecting the announcement of the winners. A first batch of trophies in the Platform categories will be awarded on Wednesday at gamescom: Opening Night Live.
As of now and until Saturday, August 28, 3:00 PM (CEST), gamescom fans can vote for their favorites in the two fan categories Best Streamer and gamescom “Most Wanted” Consumer Award. The latter is chosen from among the nominated titles. Votes can be cast via online survey. Winners of these fan categories as well as further jury categories such as Best Announcement, Best Lineup, Best Trailer and the HEART OF GAMING Award will be awarded throughout the program of gamescom studio. The same is true for the main award Best of gamescom. Both gamescom: Opening Night Live and the gamescom studio as well as all further gamescom shows can be watched online: https://now.gamescom.global/
Nominees of gamescom award 2021:
Winners of the following Platform categories will be announced during Gamescom 2021: Opening Night Live on Wednesday, August 25, starting 8:00 PM (CEST).
- Best Microsoft Xbox Game – Elden Ring, Bandai Namco Entertainment – Far Cry 6, Ubisoft – Halo Infinite, Microsoft
- Best Nintendo Switch Game – Just Dance 2022, Ubisoft – Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Ubisoft
- Best PC Game – Age of Empires IV, Microsoft – Elden Ring, Bandai Namco Entertainment – Syberia: The World Before, astragon Entertainment
- Best Sony PlayStation Game – Elden Ring, Bandai Namco Entertainment – Tales of Arise, Bandai Namco Entertainment – The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes, Bandai Namco Entertainment
Winners of the following Genre categories will be honored in the gamescom studio on Thursday, August 26, and Friday, August 27.
- Best Action Adventure Game – Elden Ring, Bandai Namco Entertainment – Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Ubisoft – Syberia: The World Before, astragon Entertainment
- Best Action Game – Far Cry 6, Ubisoft – Halo Infinite, Microsoft – Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction, Ubisoft
- Best Family Game – Just Dance 2022, Ubisoft – Run Prop, Run!, PlayTogether Studio – Super Dungeon Maker, rokaplay
- Best Indie Game – Dorfromantik, Toukana Interactive – Inua, Arte France – Lost in Random, Electronic Arts
- Best Role Playing Game – Elden Ring, Bandai Namco Entertainment – Encased, Koch Media – Tales of Arise, Bandai Namco Entertainment
- Best Simulation Game – Climber: Sky is the Limit, Art Games Studio – Farming Simulator 22, astragon Entertainment – Undisclosed Title
- Best Sports Game – Climber: Sky is the Limit, Art Games Studio – FIFA 22, Electronic Arts – Riders Republic, Ubisoft
- Best Strategy Game – Age of Empires IV, Microsoft – Company of Heroes 3, SEGA – Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Ubisoft
- Best Multiplayer Game – Halo Infinite, Microsoft – Riders Republic, Ubisoft – The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes, Bandai Namco Entertainment
- Best Ongoing Game – Apex Legends, Electronic Arts – Black Desert Online, Pearl Abyss Corp. – Endzone – A World Apart: Prosperity, Assemble Entertainment
- Most Original Game – Dice Legacy, Koch Media / DESTINYbit – Riders Republic, Ubisoft – tERRORbane, Whisper Interactive
- Best Announcement – All announcements, reveals or premieres of gamescom’s partners at gamescom: Opening Night Live are eligible.
- Best Lineup – All gamescom partners having submitted to gamescom award 2021 are eligible.
- Best of gamescom – All category winners of the category groups Genre and Platform are eligible for the main award Best of gamescom.
- Best Trailer – All trailers of gamescom’s partners shown at gamescom: Opening Night Live are eligible.
Winners of the following categories will be announced during the show “Spielesause” on Sunday, August 29.
- Best Streamer – Select partner streamers and content creators are eligible in the online voting.
- gamescom “Most Wanted” Consumer Award – Nominees in all Genre and Platform categories are eligible in the online voting.
- HEART OF GAMING Award – Each and every gamescom highlight is eligible for this extraordinary award: not only games, add-ons, and technologies, but also people, institutions, companies, concepts, or terms.