Dive into the world of Slavic folktales and fight evil forces in this upcoming Tactical Card-Based RPG.
Developer Morteshka and publisher HypeTrain Digital are excited to announce that Black Book, their upcoming dark RPG Adventure based on Slavic myths, will release on the 222nd day of the year 2021 (August 10th) on PC (Steam, Epic Games Store, GOG), PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch for $24.99 (€24.99, £19.99). Players will be able to purchase it with a 15% discount during the first week after the release.
Black Book will feature a full English voiceover, extensive story dialogues consisting of more than 150k words, and more than 20 hours of gameplay.
Black Book Coming on August 10th!
Black Book’s free prologue, which tells the story of Vasilisa becoming a witch, is available on Xbox and Steam, where it has 94% positive reviews. Back in 2020, the game was supported by nearly 5000 backers on Kickstarter, who pledged more than $163K USD. Also, Black Book was nominated for the Best Nintendo Switch Game at Gamescom last year.
Black Book is a haunting tale of a young sorceress Vasilisa seeking the power of Black Book to revive her beloved one. Fight evil forces in card-based battles and explore the world, where humans live alongside mythological creatures. Dive into the cold, yet alluring world of Slavic folktales — and uncover the secrets that hide in the darkness.
- Experience a haunting tale of myth and mystery, set in the backdrop of towns and villages of the late 19th Century;
- 7 Chapters to get through — each with their own main unfolding narrative and multiple side-stories;
- Battle the evil spirits with the card-collecting, deck-building battle system;
- Meet all kinds of companions on your way through Cherdyn — from a war-battered soldier to a talking cat with a dry sense of humor;
- Recruit demonic forces to your cause and use their power to grow stronger;
- Dive into the world of Slavic legend and folklore, and test your newfound knowledge of its mythology.