Beginning Wednesday, June 9, the overhauled, upgraded, and better-than-ever Toy Soldiers HD will be at E3 2021. Published by Accelerate Games (founded by Gregory Fischbach, founder of Acclaim), and developed by Signal Studios (founded by DR Albright III), Toy Soldiers HD is coming to Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One this August.
At E3 2021, they will be conducting live streams of the first look at the single player campaign Saturday, June 12-Tuesday, June 15 at 10AM, 1PM, and 3PM PT.
Toy Soldiers HD Live streams will be on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Toy%20Soldiers%20HD.
Re-enlist with Toy Soldiers HD and experience the award-winning XBLA hit updated for a whole new generation!
Command from above or take direct control below. Lead your foot soldiers, cavalry, tanks, and planes to victory. Deploy an exciting arsenal of guns, gas, howitzers, mortars, troops, flamethrowers, and vehicles to protect your Toybox in vintage WWI toy dioramas.
Toy Soldiers is a multi-genre action-strategy game in which players command antique WWI toy soldiers vying for control of the trench-filled diorama battlefields of Europe. The original classic has been overhauled and upgraded with new content, skins, gameplay, expanded game modes, improved controls and graphical upgrades. We’ve also included all the original DLC and a few new levels as well!
- Award Winning Strategy
The classic toys-to-war franchise returns with all-new content, grander graphics, and more game modes than ever.
- Get Your Hands Dirty
Set the stage up high, then jump into the action. Take command of your units for a “shell cam” view of the war.
- WWI Diorama Destruction
Tabletop battlefields come to life to recreate classic World War I scenarios, authentic-style tanks, troops, guns, and planes are at your fingertips.
- Miniaturized Mayhem
Stick to history….or use the toybox to sci-fi your battles with tin robots, flying saucers, and more.
Toy Soldiers HD Gameplay Features
Gameplay: Strategically create and control your defenses. But, unlike other tower defense games where you plot out your battle strategy from up high and watch it play out, you can instantly go from a top-down perspective to jumping headfirst into the battle and take full control.
When you take control of a unit, the other units in your army are controlled by powerful AI. Command or play fixed emplacements like howitzers, heavy machine guns, mortars, and others or operate various military vehicles like tanks, bi-planes, and bombers.
Campaign Levels: Every single level, from single player, multiplayer, to all the DLC from the original game have been reworked and optimized for today’s consoles and PCs.
Toy Soldiers HD Modes:
- Single Player: Players control their military force of miniature toy soldiers and vehicles. In Single player mode offers British and German campaigns with 18 level plus additional experimental levels. In the DLC, players can also control French units. Each level features difficulty settings to increase the challenge and allowing players to achieve a higher rank.
- Multiplayer Campaigns: Multiplayer is available online as well as locally with two-player split screen. There are 9 unique battle fields to experience in either a private match or a quick match with an unknown opponent. In private matches, you can customize the battle scenario.
- Survival Mode: Once you complete single player mode, you unlock this mode that has you face endless waves of opposing forces. See how long you can last.
Toys + Real Life: A mix of childlike charm of antique toy soldiers locked in deadly epic tower defense military action.
Environment: World War I model diorama. Think of it like a board game. The battle fields, which are based on real life WWI battles are sounded by areas like a child’s bedroom, a library, lounge, etc.
Controllable Units: The game features 50 controllable units including howitzers, bi-planes, tanks, mortars, infantry, and more. Fixed units can be upgraded during the battle.
Leaderboards: Battle your way onto and sustain your place on the leaderboards.
DLCs: Toy Soldiers HD includes all DLC from the original title. The Kaiser’s Battle and Invasion!
- The Kaiser’s Battle adds French Army Skins, a three-level mini campaign, the German K-Wagen boss, additional multiplayer maps, and achievements.
- Invasion! Includes three mini campaigns including “Robobob”, new multiplayer maps, and other goodies.