This gorgeously hand-animated comedy cosmic horror adventure is getting a Nintendo Switch release just in time for Halloween. Cthulhu fhtagn!
Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure follows detective Don R. Ketype, librarian Buzz Kerwan, and his cat who mysteriously just started talking (and predictably isn’t too happy about it). On the hunt for the Necronomicon before it falls into the wrong hands, the three embark on a quest to stop an evil cult in its tracks, and most importantly, make a very cynical cat stop talking.
Now also coming to the Nintendo Switch in time for a spooky, moody Halloween playthrough, Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure will be the perfect game to get in the mood for Halloween. Lovingly hand-painted and traditionally animated, this comedy cosmic horror adventure will take players through a colourful rendition of Transylvania as it was meant to be experienced: with a talking cat who’s quite annoyed at you.
- Over 60 hand-painted, detailed environments inspired by Transylvanian architecture and nature
- Fluid traditional 2D animation
- Two protagonists and a talking ca– Okay, three. Three protagonists
- 70+ fully voiced characters, including a special guest appearance by Doug Cockle, voice of the Witcher
- A lush original soundtrack featuring live instruments
- Integrated hint system to help you when you’re stuck
- Lovingly made near Vlad the Impaler’s birthplace
- No cutesifying or making fun of the Old Ones, praise their Dark Names
- Did we mention the talking cat?