In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo Switch Online is a paid membership service that allows members to team up or face off online in compatible Nintendo Switch games, such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. Members also enjoy a curated library of NES and Super NES classic games, including Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, among many others. To find out more about the benefits that come with Nintendo Switch Online, to view membership options and to learn about a free seven-day trial for new users, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons Summer Update – Wave 2 – Enjoy atmospheric fireworks lighting up the sky above your island every Sunday in August at 7 p.m. Put your personal spin on the fireworks display by using your own custom design pattern to see it shot in the air as a firework in the sky!
With a Nintendo Switch Online membership, you can also now choose to take a nap in any bed placed in your home. While dozing off, you may find yourself in a strange realm where you’ll be greeted by Luna. Luna offers visits to other islands as a dream, and with her help, you can share your island as a dream with others too.
Plus, a new island backup service may be able to help recover your island if your Nintendo Switch system is lost or damaged, so you can get right back to building your island community.
Lost Wing – Pilot a super-fast ship through brutal environments, and try to top the leaderboards. Featuring numerous challenges, ships, enemies and traps, it’s a shot of pure unadulterated adrenaline. Storm your way through three unique worlds, beat each stage and destroy the bosses.
Featuring an original electronic soundtrack, multiple play modes, stages, ships and weapons, Lost Wing is a perfect challenge for the most demanding players.
Lost Wing will be available on July 31.
Skully – Hop, skip and roll your way to victory! On a mysterious remote island, a skull washes up on shore and is reawakened by an enigmatic deity. Dubbed Skully, the newly reanimated being has been summoned to intervene in a war between the deity’s three siblings, whose quarrel jeopardizes the island they call home.
Fate has bestowed Skully with a second chance at “life” and his adventure will take him across a strange paradise as he seeks an end to the conflict that plagues the isle.
Traverse a mysterious island by rolling through 18 different levels in seven distinct ecosystems, each packed with adventure, puzzles and unique dangers.
Skully will be available on Aug. 4th.
Buried Stars – Murder at the scene of a collapse in an audition show. Find the truth hidden under the mask!
“Buried Stars” is a new mystery adventure game developed by Team Largo and LINE Games Corporation.
- Murder at the scene of the collapse of Survival Audition
- A collapse that broke out at a live broadcast of a survival audition TV show.
- A fatal incident occurs in front of trapped performers and staff.
- Who is the murderer? Why… How could this happen?
- Harmonized 3D & 2D graphics and production
- Beautiful 2D characters in a realistic 3D environment that depicts the scene of the collapse, giving the game more dramatic and dynamic effects.
- Variety of sounds and realistic performances by veteran voice actors
- Various original scores and sound effects with outstanding voices of veteran voice actors provide a more immersive game experience.
- Social Networking Service ‘Phater’
- ‘Phater,’ a fictional social networking service, shows the responses outside the collapse site and sometimes provides hints to help find the truth.
- Various Scenario
- In conversations with survivors, there are various choices. The story branches out in different directions with each decision made, and the results may vary dramatically depending on these choices.
Chess Ace – Play chess like never before!
Chess Ace is a unique puzzle game, bridging the gap between two classic games – chess & cards. Plan your moves and deal the cards to beat all clubs on a 5×5 chessboard!
MORE THAN 200 ENGAGING LEVELS
• Test your chess skills on a set of challenging, yet solvable puzzles
• Each level is designed to challenge your skills
• Difficulty curve that will put your chess skills to the test
• Try different skins to personalize your experience
• Feast your eyes on an elegant chessboard presentation
• Focus on the challenge with a minimalistic, non-distracting design
• Test your knowledge of how pieces move
• Cast cards with figures to solve levels
• Plan your moves carefully! Not every move seems obvious at the start!
MIND GAME LIKE NO OTHER!
• Relax your mind with a fresh approach to the most popular board game in the world
• Exercise your brain & solve riddles like a Chess Grandmaster!
• Easy to learn, hard to master!
• Accessible to people with color blindness (high contrast skins)
Do you have what it takes to become the ultimate Chess Ace?
Country Tales – Explore the Wild West and help Ted and his friends in their adventures!
Ted used to be a simple farmer. But he just couldn’t see himself being a farmer his whole life. He wanted more. So Ted decided to leave for the big city and finish school there.
Once he was done with his education, he decided it’s finally time to find a job somewhere. And he found one in a small town called Sunset Hills. He got a job as an assistant in the mayor’s office. This is how Ted and Catherine met! Even though he tried to hide it, he was smitten the first time he laid eyes on her.
Unfortunately for Ted, the mayor himself was Catherine’s fiance.. And the mayor… well, the mayor had some very ambitious plans for Sunset Hills. Or better said, some very ambitious plans for himself…
- Help Ted and his friends in their adventures
- Explore the Wild West and meet peculiar characters
- Put the bad guys where they belong – behind bars!
- 40 exciting levels to master and hundreds of quests
- Beat the timer to unlock extra achievements
- Find hidden treasures
- 3 difficulty modes: relaxed, timed and extreme
- Gorgeous high definition visuals and animations
- Step-by-step tutorials for beginners
Cubers: Arena – SLASH, SMASH, SUMMON and BOUNCE your way to freedom & glory in this Gladiator-style Arena brawler!
CUBERS: Arena is an electrifying arena brawler/twin-stick slasher game. Play as Baller, a slave fighting his way through an array of gladiators to reclaim his freedom.
Multifaceted and immersive game modes; 4 uniquely themed arenas, all with their own atmospheric effects and enemies, destructible environments and boss fights in Campaign mode. An extensive line up of multiplayer (and solo!) mini-games! Choose from an arsenal of over a 100 unique weapons, armory, and skills to fight off waves of enemies.
“Free-for-all” friendly fire system, meaning traps and enemies can hurt everyone, allowing for complex tactical options. Observe and plan who to defeat first and who will unsuspectingly aid you in battle!
Dynamic 360 combat experience. Slash enemies and move in any direction. Fluid gameplay means players have more control.
Gain points by playing campaign mode and mini games. Compete with other players for the highest score on the leaderboard!
Dodo Peak – A retro platformer for everyone!
Play as a dodo bird to find and rescue your lost babies from a series of dangerous peaks. Maneuver them home while avoiding obstacles and enemies! Dodo Peak is a throwback to the classic arcade platformers of the past with a modern twist.
Collect coins, dodge sneaky snakes, avoid malevolent monkeys, grab power-ups for extra speed or super strength, and strive for the best time across a stunning variety of handcrafted islands. As your pack grows, so does the challenge in bringing them home!
- Beautiful handcrafted levels with unique layouts, goals, and enemies.
- Simple controls anyone can learn, with plenty of challenging levels as you grow your skills.
- Play across tropical islands, dangerous volcanoes, and other wondrous environments.
- Unlock funny and unique new dodos by beating levels and collecting coins.
- Perfect for short play sessions on the bus or longer play times on your couch.
- Compete to finish levels the fastest on in-game leaderboards or try your hand at Weekly Challenges for extra-hard versions of levels each week.
Available July 31st.
Dominate – Board Game – “Dominate” is an abstract strategy board game that involves play by two parties on a eight by eight square board.
The object of the game is to make your pieces constitute a majority of the pieces on the board at the end of the game, by converting as many of your opponent’s pieces as possible.
You can play against a friend or alone in arcade mode with increasing difficulty.
The game will test you tactic skills and entertain you and your friends.
Dominate the board and climb the leaderboard.
Based on an early 90’s arcade game.
FAIRY TAIL – A game based on the popular “FAIRY TAIL” is available on Nintendo Switch™ for the first time!
Play as powerful mages from different guilds..
A total of 16 playable characters!
Various characters from guilds other than “Fairy Tail” appear!
Also, the game includes an original episode.
Magic battles, Fairy Tail style..
Familiar moves from the source material such as Unison Raid and Extreme Magic can be performed!
There are also Unison Raids that are original to the game.
Aim to become the No. 1 guild..
The town of Magnolia and inside of the guild are fully depicted.
Complete missions that appear on the request board, raise your guild’s rank with your comrades, and aim to become the No. 1 guild!
Available July 31st.
Family Mysteries: Poisonous Promises – Promises are poison to family.
Entertaining plunge into the world of debauched elites, alluring women and corrupted cops, where power is the ultimate currency. This is a thrilling introduction to the brand new Hidden Object Game series in the tradition of best police dramas.
Welcome to the magic city of palm trees, yachts and pleasant living. Place where the elite high rollers park their sleek lambo’s for free with a handicap tag. Put yourself in the shoes of a probing detective and help your partner Duke solve the mysterious murder case.
Rich dynasty, exploded yacht, two survivors, ominous looking drowned with traces of poison in the body, and you, caught in the middle of the imbroglio.
Find clues, interrogate witnesses, analyze samples, gather evidence – turn up the murderer to uncover even the bigger scheme.
Ever-present danger, glitzy surroundings and a unique rhythm of the glamorous yet deadly city, evoking a fanciful nostalgia for such TV hits like Miami Vice, Beverly Hills Cop and CSI.
Available July 31st.
FootGoal! Tiki Taka – Table football in your living room!
We’ve all played and been fascinated by how it works. The first official table of the classic, popular football game.
For gamers, for football fans. A retro, fun way to enjoy football.
Short passes, long balls, lobs, or just shooting. Intuitive, rapid controls, and ball speeds of up to 120 km/h. Try out your reflexes, skills and strategies. Official world competitions and tournaments created by the International Federation in countries such as the USA, the UK, France, China, Italy, Germany, and more, show just how popular this game has been for so long.
Various game modes, including quick games, World Cup, and the classic one vs one against friends.
Take this opportunity and get playing!
Available July 31st.
Heroes of Hammerwatch – Ultimate Edition – Action RPG rogue-lite Heroes of Hammerwatch is finally out on Nintendo Switch™ in its most complete form, as this Ultimate Edition comes with all the DLCs!
Encounter endless hordes of enemies, traps, puzzles, secrets and tons of loot, as you battle your way through procedurally generated levels to reach the top of the Forsaken Spire. Upgrade to grant your persistent heroes with various enhancements that will further help you in your quest, and even bring them to your friends’ game!
- Procedurally generated levels that will bring you a new challenge with each run.
- Persistent progression: Your heroes will retain the experience gained from a run, becoming more powerful as they level up.
- Online Co-op: Play with up to 3 friends in online co-op!
- Town upgrades: Revamp 10 different buildings to grant your heroes with various enhancements.
- 9 different classes: Each one with unique stats, abilities and play styles.
- Over 100 unique items of various rarities.
- Includes all 3 DLCs: Witch Hunter, Pyramid of Prophecy and Moon Temple. With many additional skills, items, areas to explore, 2 new game modes, 2 new classes and much more!
- New Game+: Get ready for a real challenge, and even if you beat it, the challenge never ends!
Hotel Sowls – Welcome to Hotel Sowls!
As a pharmacologist looking for success, you obtained a mysterious stone found in Sowls.
“With this stone, I’ll be able to conduct a successful research!”
Afterwards, you visited “Hotel Sowls” to get some good rest… …and found out next morning your precious stone has disappeared!
“Someone must’ve stolen it!”
So begins your investigation to find your stone…
- Take back your precious stone
You can stay no longer than 5 days in the hotel.
Find out who the thief is before time runs out!
- Clues are in the hotel
This mysterious hotel has some weird secrets!
Search Hotel Sowls for the clues to your lost stone!
- A fate you’ve never expected
You choose your own fate!
The ending changes depending on your choice!
Kingdom Rush – Get ready for an epic journey to defend your kingdom against hordes of orcs, trolls, evil wizards and other nasty fiends using a vast arsenal of towers and spells at your command!
Fight on forests, mountains, and wastelands, customizing your defensive strategy with different tower upgrades and specializations! Rain fire upon your enemies, summon reinforcements, command your troops, recruit elven warriors and face legendary monsters on a quest to save the Kingdom from the forces of darkness!
- Epic defense battles that will hook you for hours!
- High definition awesome illustrated cartoon art!
- Command your soldiers and see them engage in hand to hand cartoon battles!
- 8 specialized tower upgrades to customize your strategy! Mighty Barbarians, Arcane Wizards, Forest Rangers to name a few.
- 18 tower abilities! Have your Sorcerers summon earth elementals and polymorph your enemies!
- Over 61 different enemies, from Goblins to Demons each with their own skills! (Beware of the mountain Trolls!)
- Intense boss fights never seen on a defense game!
- 12 Heroes: Choose your champion to lead your troops to victory!
- Hours of gameplay with over 70 achievements
- Extra game modes that will challenge your tactical skills to the limit.
- .In-game encyclopedia with information from your towers and enemies.
Locomotion – Gather your treasure through puzzles and adventure!
“Howdy partner! My gold’s been STOLEN! Could you help me get it back with that there marvellous technical thingy-ma-bob you’ve got there?”
Locomotion is a spectacular single-player train puzzle game. Sit back, relax and chill for an afternoon of excellent, entertainment and excitement, or, pick up and go as you solve puzzles on the move!
Guide your train to the exit of each level, collect all of your gold and travel to new heights!
Locomotion is the perfect family-friendly casual puzzle game – grab a partner to help you figure out those extra tricky puzzles and enjoy the journey together!
What key features can you look forward to in this adorable adventure?
- Travel through 52 levels divided into 4 worlds with different themes.
- Retrieve your stolen gold hidden throughout each level to help the conductor reach his dreams.
- Aid your train to the exit with a variety of mechanisms like lifts, switches, pressure plates, magnets, fans, crumbling blocks, exploding carriages, and more, as you travel further into fun new levels.
- Incredible isometric views with a dynamic soundtrack that changes as you play.
- Navigate these worlds in a single-player experience; unravelling a story of loss, vengeance, and unidentified flying objects.
“Ready to jump onboard partner? Go ahead and grab your ticket and I’ll see you in the Wild West.”
Merchant of the Skies – Become the captain of a flying ship! Sell items, gather resources and build your own trade company in the clouds!
Merchant of the Skies is a trading game with light base-building and tycoon elements. You start off as a captain of a small cloudship and work your way towards establishing your own trade company.
Merchant of the skies is an experimental game: it does not have a distinct genre, but tries to capture the feeling of traveling the world and establishing your own company. That means we try to incorporate exploration, base building, trading and some minor rpg elements into the game.
- Become a trader! Find the best trade routes and profit from them
- Discover the world! Travel between flying isles and face different encounters
- Sandbox gameplay: do what you want at your own pace
- Gain experience and become more savvy when it comes to trading, then start your own goods production
- Establish trade routes to transport and sell goods without your direct involvement
- Get rich and build your own mansion from more than 200 different building blocks
Merchant of the Skies offers you a 6-8 hours campaign where you can help different characters and restore the world to its former glory, as well as a sandbox mode where you can forget about the plot and focus on building your own company, establishing caravan routes and developing your mansion.
Mini Island Challenge Bundle – Mini Island Challenge Bundle is an intense, 2D boss-rush game, that will put your skills to the test!
Choose your character, gather power-ups, and beat the bosses! Run through the four worlds and face the threat – run, shoot, dodge!
Explore the four islands, each with a unique theme, and beat their challenges. Casual-friendly mechanics, straight forward gameplay, and the unique art style make the perfect, easy-to-grab entertainment.
No time to waste – choose your arsenal, build your character with power-ups, and beat the Mini Island Challenge Bundle!
- power-ups to build your character
- 4 unique islands
- intense and challenging gameplay
Mini Puzzle Balls – Mini Puzzle Balls is a new addictive puzzle game.
Move the balls into their corresponding slots. It’s simple. Or is it?
Look for solutions, unlock new mechanics, increase your score, and have fun.
- one-touch gameplay
- more than 100 fun levels
- simple and engaging game mechanics
- smooth gameplay
- easy to learn, hard to master
Monster Blast – It’s all about blasting Monsters.
It´s all about blasting Monsters. On randomly generated maps you are shooting your path to find the exit and move on to the next level.
Lots of monsters and nasty bosses make your work difficult. Collect monster energy to get special weapons. Find boxes with special items to improve your health. Use support items that help you blast more monsters.
Increase your experience from map to map and improve your health, firepower and luck. So you can get harder monster and find better items.
4 different worlds with 24 challenging levels allow you a few hours of challenging shooting fun.
Mystery Mine – Dangerous monsters and bosses, ancient magic and decisions, on which many lives depend! Can the ordinary aborigine save the world?
Dynamic adventure in the Mystery Mine: dangerous monsters and bosses, ancient magic and decisions, on which many lives depend! Can the ordinary aborigine save the world?
Mbonga used to be just a simple worker in a small village far from civilisation. Once he meets an ancient Spirit who needs his help. The Spirit promises to protect Mbonga’s village from the great evil, so Mbonga decides to come with him to the Underworld.
Our goals are:
- to find the way to the Underworld,
- to help the Spirit and to save our village.
On his way the player will be fighting with monsters, overcoming dangerous obstacles, solving puzzles and learning the history of the world.
Available Aug. 5th.
Naught – Test your skills on your Nintendo Switch, take control of the environment, and guide Naught through deep underground labyrinths full of mystery.
Naught is a platform videogame with a unique control where you rotate the environment to change gravity and guide the main character, Naught, through labyrinth levels full of challenges, hidden places and secrets.
Featuring varied, dynamic gameplay, Naught explores 40 levels where he must dodge danger and enemies arising from the shadows, discover hidden places, collect seeds of light that will help him access blocked areas, and recover the diamond fragments that possess enormous power.
Throughout his adventure, he will be accompanied by the Spirit of the Tree, who will help him find his way through extremely narrow and complex labyrinths. You can also enjoy a time trial challenge on every level.
In Naught, you will discover an underground world full of lights and shadows, connected to the exciting story of our character: a soul awakened to face the shadows and protect what he loves the most.
Available July 31st.
Nicole – Can you solve the mystery of the abductions on campus?
Nicole is a dating simulator that revolves around your day-to-day life as a college student.
Classes, homework and mysterious abductions!
You can take up part-time jobs to earn money, explore various locations, do recreational and extra-curricular activities, and meet intriguing characters like Darren, Kurt, Jeff and Ted.
You might even get to date the culprit!
- Four different boys to date, with 10 different endings
- Discover the true identity of the culprit. Careful, you could be dating him!
- Classic dating simulator and life simulation gameplay
- Visual novel mode with reading-only option
Available July 31st.
Nowhere Prophet – Prepare your decks and go on a pilgrimage through the wasteland! Travel across randomly generated maps and lead your followers in deep tactical combat.
Build a loyal band of followers and survive the journey across a broken world. Barely.
Take on the role of a powerful leader and mystic. Empowered with the gifts of technopathy, the ability to sense and affect electrical currents.
You are the last hope to a band of outcastes and refugees. Lead them across the randomly generated wastelands. Pick fights with greedy slavers and crazy machines using the turn-based card combat. Can you survive long enough to reach the mysterious Crypt?
- Card-based tactical combat system
- New procedurally generated maps each game
- Find loot and recruit followers to build your deck
- Unlock new content across multiple playthroughs
- More than 300 cards for you to discover
- Indian infused electronica soundtrack
Nowhere Prophet is a single-player card game with procedurally generated maps, high difficulty and permadeath. At its heart are two distinct parts of gameplay: Travel and combat.
During travel you navigate across a procedurally generated map. Make sure your convoy has enough resources to travel as you pick your route. On your journey you will encounter strange places and even stranger people. You will be thrust into situations that put the fate of your followers in your hands.
If you’re lucky enough to gain some rewards, maybe for helping someone – or robbing them, then you can invest those to improve your decks. Recruit more followers to have more and different units to put into battle. Equip your prophet or level up and learn new skills to have access to stronger action cards in combat.
You will have to overcome some enemies to keep your convoy and resources together. And sometimes you may even want to pick a fight for righteousness or just for loot. Once in battle the game changes to the turn-based card game mode.
Play convoy cards to put your followers onto the field and position them so you can overcome your enemy. Or play action cards to dramatically change the battlefield. But be careful: If you’re wounded you will have to find a safe place to heal. And if one of your followers takes too many wounds, they are lost forever.
Nowhere Prophet is set on a far off planet called Soma. Your story begins many years after the Crash, a complete technological collapse. Civilization has broken down and the lack of resources made everyone turn either bandit or madman.
In this world inspired by Indian culture, you lead a convoy of outcastes. These desperate men and woman following your vision of a better future. Under your guidance, they travel with you through the wastelands. Your goal is the Crypt, a mystical place that promises untainted technology and safety.
If you can survive long enough to find it.
Paint your Pet – Paint your Pet is a fun game for both children and their parents. Paint different animals and let your creativity flow!
Paint your Pet allows player to paint different pets. You can use a variety of colors and textures to make incredible animals. Save your creations and return to it at any time you want to modify it! Paint your Pet is fun, easy to pick up game, suitable for children at any age.
Available July 31st.
Rugby Challenge 4 – Rugby Challenge 4 is an “Early Access” release which means more features will be added after launch.
For the current status on what is included and on the way, visit rugbychallenge4.com
READY FOR THE CROSS-KICK?
NEW! Catch your rivals off guard using set plays with 10 different moves, including cross-kick!
NEW! Women’s Sevens Rugby with 16 international teams, including 5 licensed teams.
NEW! Make the ultimate rugby player with both the kit creator and the enhanced player creator!
NEW! AI formations and improved positioning of players making the game more realistic and challenging for those experienced rugby heads.
NEW! Side-line camera angle and drop goal camera allowing for closer simulation to a real broadcast view.
Share, download and rate players and teams using our famous Fanhub across all platforms!
Real sports broadcasting commentary with Grant Nisbett and Justin Marshall. French commentary by Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard.
THE DEFINITIVE RUGBY EXPERIENCE
Multiple Game Modes including: Single Match, Multi-team Competition, extensive multi-year Career Mode and Be a Pro Mode
OVER 12 PRESTIGIOUS COMPETITIONS
Including the all new Womens 7’s Rugby, Premiership Rugby, Super Rugby Mens 7’s Rugby, and Currie Cup – or even create your own!
Sagrada -A game of dice drafting and window crafting.
Bring your stained glass masterpiece to dazzling digital life in Sagrada, the dice-drafting board game from Floodgate Games.
Choose your dice carefully!
Find the perfect fit for each piece of your window: restrictions on both the color and number showing on your die make for a puzzling challenge.
Use your tools!
As a master artisan, your tools-of-the-trade will help you shape the dice available.
Please your admirers!
Adapt to the fickle demands of your patrons — while keeping your signature artistic flair — for additional prestige.
SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION – SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION contains seven titles including one, never-before-seen title that was all but erased from history! UNTIL NOW!
The ULTIMATE collection is here!
It all began in ’93, and now, the weapon-based fighting game series that swept the world is ready to be taken home in a new stellar collection! Six NEOGEO titles as well as one mysterious, unreleased game are featured! Each game features Online Battle Modes as well as a Museum Mode and Music Player. This collection is a must-have for all SAMURAI SHODOWN fans across the globe!
Seven SAMURAI SHODOWN titles in total!
SAMURAI SHODOWN was originally released on the NEOGEO in 1993, followed by its sequel SAMURAI SHODOWN II in 1994. The series became a trilogy in 1995 with SAMURAI SHODOWN III, followed soon after SAMURAI SHODOWN IV AMAKUSA’S REVENGE released in 1996. Seven years later the series returned with 2003’s SAMURAI SHODOWN V, and SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL released the following year on the NEOGEO… The new SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION also includes a title never before released to the public. SAMURAI SHODOWN V PERFECT is a mysterious final version of SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL. Players can select between either Japanese or English MVS arcade versions for each title in the collection. Other features include scanlines for that retro flair, save functions, and an Arcade Mode that can be set to FREE MODE, meaning no more game overs!
Each title comes with online versus battle modes!
Get paired up with warriors of a similar level with Ranked Match, or just blow off some steam with Casual Match. Invite your friends (or foes) for a beat-down in Challenge Friend. Now you can take on SAMURAI SHODOWN fans across the world with the push of a button.
*Note: Online Battle Modes are only available for English ver. SAMURAI SHODOWN titles.
A Museum Mode brimming with content!
The Museum Mode is packed with over 2,000 precious development documents and images; it is everything a SamSho fan could want! There are even hours worth of candid videotaped interviews with the developers, as they discuss what happened during development back in the day. Prepare to dive straight into the world of SAMURAI SHODOWN with this collection!
Over 200 tracks in the Sound Player!
Relive the excitement of the SAMURAI SHODOWN series by listening to all of the individual titles’ soundtracks. In the Music Player found inside the Museum, there are over 200 tracks to choose from, spanning all six titles.
Sentinels of Freedom – Create your hero, lead your team, and save the world in this exciting new turn-based strategy
Prepare for a story-driven campaign within the Sentinel Comics universe as you join forces with an ever-growing team of heroes to face a wide variety of villains. What seems like a typical bank heist reveals itself to be just the beginning of a much more sinister plan! Create your hero, gather your team, and save the world in this exciting new turn-based strategy!
- Build Your Team – select fromthe many available heroes and unlock more throughout
- Full Story Campaign – writers and creators from Sentinel Comics
- Freeform Movement – Turn-based game that allows you to move anywhere
- Squad Dynamics – heroes or villains can work together for more powerful actions
- Massive Mission Variety – multiple objectives, interactions and dangers
- Create Your Hero – choose backstory, archetype, powers, and appearance
What kind of hero will you be?
Sentinels of Freedom will feature Chapter 1 – as a self contained story – on release with many levels, new heroes and villains, along with hero upgrades. Chapter 2 will release shortly after in 2020 with other chapters planned to follow.
Choose the character’s backstory, personality, power source, abilities and costume. Heroes have “stances” that provide boosts to certain stats like extra movement along with powerful sets of abilities and can be fully customized to fit your play style.
Build your hero from 12 exciting themes – fill your stances with powerful abilities from any three:
- Power Melee – When you really want to hit someone really hard.
- Combos – Concentrate your attacks, spread ’em out, or bring a friend!
- Supportive – Whether protecting or attacking, the right move requires no planning.
- Blaster – Attack as many as you can in several different areas!
- Interceptor – Never let an enemy out of your sights and punish wrong moves.
- Minions – Disposable and endless, have your own minions fight for you!
- Gadgets – Deploy an arsenal of gadgets that eliminate all who oppose you.
- And more!
Creating a superhero identity is more than a costume selection! Choose how your hero uses their abilities, different weapons, attack styles, and special effects; some themes even have different types of units that you can summon. Refine your heroic identity throughout the game – changing everything about how your hero looks, all the way down to your hero’s body type, between any mission.
Sync and Vigilance Actions
Sync and Vigilance actions add life to the battlefield when characters perform additional actions out of sequence, triggered by special conditions. When a character performs an action, sync actions allow other characters to take part or enhance that action, like a character creating a distraction to remove the target’s Evade defense before an attack lands. Positioning your team to take advantage of these extra actions can be critical to the success of a mission.
Vigilance allows an inactive character to react to the active character based on various triggers, such as moving through their line of sight. Each character has a “vigilance zone” around them which sets the chance of the vigilance action happening. These actions can go much further than the standard overwatch with actions like “keep cover” which allows a character to try and find new cover when flanked.
Large Scale Missions
Players will embark on several missions throughout the campaign. These missions are broken up into groups of engagements – each offering unique objectives, enemy types and player choice on where to go next – keeping each feeling fresh and unique. Another benefit to these smaller engagements is that the player will not be overwhelmed by both the quantity of enemies and time for each turn. However, stringing all these engagements together still allows the player to feel like their heroes are very powerful as they dispatch lots of enemies throughout the mission.
Spiral Memoria -The Summer I Meet Myself- – The main character, Miku Asanaga, is just a regular girl in high school. But she has one secret.
This is a heart-warming story that takes place in high school during an early summer time.
Face the tragic truth and spend a short, sweet summer with your new romantic interest.
The main character doesn’t have any memory before high school.
She goes on a journey to find out about her past and discovers the shocking truth.
The game is based on original character designs by the illustrator, Hazuki Futaba.
The entire dialogues are recorded by excellent voice actors including Yuto Suzuki,
Daisuke Kishio, Kazuyuki Okitsu, and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka for the roles of the romantic interests.
We have cast popular voice actors who are active in many areas including anime and games.
An outgoing and optimistic classmate, a sociable painter who speaks in Kansai dialect, a doctor who’s a pioneer of genetic engineering, and a mysterious new student.
Steam Tactics – Welcome aboard your airship, captain! Steam Tactics is an RPG about steampunk airships with tactical turn-based combat.
Take on a role of a captain of a squad of airship pilots, acquire and upgrade new ships and weapons, level up your crew.
The king is gravely ill. The queen wishes to employ your services. You are one of the most renowned mercenary tacticians in the land. Will you answer the kingdom’s call?
- Simple yet deep tactical combat. You don’t have to wade through obscure marginal mechanics, the gameplay revolves around clear core rules.
- Vast space for creative decision making. It’s up to you to decide how to equip your ships, how to level up your pilots and how to approach a particular battle.
- Varied progression system. Gather materials to upgrade your ships and guns, combine duplicate equipment to create more powerful versions of it, level up your crew.
- Suitable challenge for different skill levels.
Available Aug. 5th.
Table Tennis – Table Tennis is an easy to play, fun and realistic game of ping pong which you can now play on your Nintendo Switch™ anytime, anywhere
Play against your friends, family or the smart Ai (artificial intelligence) player, which can set from a choice of three different difficultly levels.
Beat your toughest rivals with a cool angle shot, performed by stroking the ball and moving in the other direction as fast as you can.
Choose from one of the 8 different rooms in the a school and you can even set the speed of the ball and the paddles.
The Executioner – The Executioner puts you in the shoes of a man who tortures people for a living while trying to retain his own sanity.
Fusing elements of a traditional RPG with investigation, exploration and moral decision-making, it invites players take on the role of a man who must seek a signed confession from those he is about to put to death.
With a predominantly text-based interface unfolding engaging story, The Executioner promises a dark and unsettling atmosphere, and a world filled with moral ambiguity
With the threat of revolution on the cards will you fight for monarchy and tradition or revolt in the name of progress? Do you support emerging science or follow the mystical path? Will you desensitize yourself to the violence you have to inflict or try to preserve your humanity?
The decision is yours. So are the consequences.
- The torture chamber: study your victims, find their weak spot, and use your extensive arsenal (or their loved ones) to break them
- An occult underground: a town filled with mysticism built around Medieval artefacts, such as the Hand of Glory and Mandrake Root
- A dark economy: a market in dead flesh with you as its main supplier
- Synesthesia: your character’s unique perceptive abilities make him a walking lie detector
- Staying sane: as a professional torturer you’ll need to constantly manage your sanity to survive
Available July 31st.
Tiny Racer – The cars might be tiny – but the race is BIG.
Pick your tiny car, push the gas down and start the great race.
Try not to fall on Monkey Bridge. Hold on tight and be careful on the ramps in Forest Jumper. Watch out for sharp turns and be the first in Rock Heaven. Don’t let the messy kitchen beat you in Cooking Madness. Speed through sunbeds and surfboards right to the finish line in Beach Party.
Play alone or have fun together with your friends, kids or parents. Everything thanks to a well balanced and easy to change difficulty settings and local multiplayer.
Start a tournament to unlock new maps. Be the fastest and become the champion. Improve your skills with the time trial. Race on your favorite tracks in arcade mode.
Pick a wacky car, choose the absurd track and let the race begin!!! 3… 2… 1… START
- 15 unique creative tracks
- 8 vehicles
- 3 difficulty levels
- 3 game modes
- local multiplayer (up to 2 players)
Available July 31st.
Dr. Mario World – One-Year Anniversary – The free-to-start Dr. Mario World game has reached its one-year milestone and the mobile game has continued to grow with fun new features.
To mark the occasion, Dr. Mario World players can now receive 8-Bit Dr. Mario, a playable character with special skills, as a free login bonus. 8-Bit Dr. Mario is available now and can be acquired until Aug. 30 at 10:59 p.m. PT.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo.