An intense synthwave shooter coming to Steam, Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One this Fall
Edmonton, Canada, May 18th — Only By Midnight are excited to announce that their debut game – Curved Space – is headed to Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this Fall. It is a dizzying modern take on the classic arcade shooter set across a surreal universe of space-bending arenas. Bullets, beams and bizarre alien energy spiders alike curve and warp around the surface of asteroids, space stations and physics-defying mobius strips. All of this accompanied by a pounding ‘80s-inspired synthwave soundtrack courtesy of FiXT.
In the far future, mankind has taken to harvesting energy from gigantic spider monsters from another dimension. Curved Space teaches the player the tricks of this hazardous trade through the mind-bending Story Mode. Players will blast, lash and leech power from the invaders while trying to hold together their own rapidly fracturing reality. Story choices will take players down unpredictable new timelines, and upgrade picks alter how battles play out against enormous boss monsters from beyond.
Players looking for a more arcade-styled challenge can dive into Survival Mode. Power-ups need to be wisely chosen and every ship ability mastered in order to hold off the endless, escalating hordes. For those after bragging rights, there will be a daily seeded challenge run with online leaderboards for that authentic arcade challenge.
- 2D twin-stick style shooter action wrapped around gravity-defying warped 3D arenas.
- High-energy synthwave soundtrack featuring artists Scandroid, Fury Weekend & 3Force.
- Master advanced ship systems. Energy lashes, dash-boosters and Overdrive Mode.
- A non-linear Story Mode sends players down unpredictable timelines to strange endings.
- Stylish comic-style cutscenes from Heavy Metal artist Kyle Charles.
- Tons of weird and wonderful alien insects to battle, lasso and leech energy from.
- Face massive multi-stage boss battles in Story and Survival Mode.
- Over twenty weapons, from laser cannons to magnetic throwing blades.
Curved Space is due to launch this Fall on Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with a public beta (PC only) planned for this Summer.
Read more about Curved Space on its official website here.