In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
Dauntless – Join millions of players in Dauntless, the fastest-growing online* action-RPG, and explore a massive, free-to-play online world. Stand together and slay Behemoths with your friends from all over the world with true cross-play. Plus, Nintendo Switch players receive an exclusive Skyfighter Armor and Skymetal Weapon set. Live for the hunt!
The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition – Tasked to solve a series of more than 120 complex puzzles, players will divert drones, manipulate laser beams and replicate time to prove their worth. Explore increasingly complex puzzles woven into a metaphysical parable about intelligence, free will and meaning in an inevitably doomed world.
Arcade Archives FROGGER – “FROGGER” is an action game released by KONAMI in 1981.
Guide a lost frog to the house on the other bank within the time limit.
There will be many obstacles to overcome on the way home.
Time your way safely across dangerous roads full of cars and rivers where alligators and snakes lie in wait.
The “Arcade Archives” series has faithfully reproduced many classic Arcade masterpieces.
Players can change various game settings such as game difficulty, and also reproduce the atmosphere of arcade display settings at that time. Players can also compete against each other from all over the world with their high scores.
Please enjoy the masterpiece that built a generation for video games.
Blasphemous – Demo Version – Blasphemous is a punishing action-platformer that combines the fast-paced, skilled combat of a hack-n-slash game with a deep and evocative narrative core.
A foul curse has fallen upon the land of Cvstodia and all its inhabitants – it is simply known as The Miracle.
Play as The Penitent One – a sole survivor of the massacre of the ‘Silent Sorrow’. Trapped in an endless cycle of death and rebirth, it’s down to you to free the world from this terrible fate and reach the origin of your anguish.
Explore this nightmarish world of twisted religion and discover its many secrets hidden deep inside. Use devastating combos and brutal executions to smite the hordes of grotesque monsters and titanic bosses, who are all ready to rip your limbs off. Locate and equip relics, rosary beads and prayers that call on the powers of the heavens to aid you in your quest to break your eternal damnation.
- Explore a Non-Linear World: Overcome fearsome enemies and deadly traps as you venture through a variety of different landscapes, and search for redemption in the dark gothic world of Cvstodia.
- Brutal Combat: Release the power of Mea Culpa, a sword born from guilt itself, to slaughter your foes. Acquire devastating new combos and special moves as you purge all in your path.
- Executions: Unleash your wrath and relish in the gory dismemberment of your adversaries – all in beautifully rendered, pixel-perfect execution animations.
- Customise Your Build: Discover and equip Relics, Rosary Beads, Prayers and Sword Hearts to give you the new abilities and stat boosts you need to survive. Experiment with different combinations to suit your playstyle.
- Epic Boss Battles: Hordes of gigantic, twisted creatures stand between you and your goal. Learn how they move, survive their devastating attacks and emerge victorious.
- Unlock the Mysteries of Cvstodia: The world is full of tormented souls. Some offer you aid, some may ask for something in return. Uncover the stories and fates of these tortured characters to gain rewards and a deeper understanding of the dark world you inhabit.
Available Dec. 17th.
Cardpocalypse – To stop the mutants, you must beat them at their own game…
Make friends, play cards, twist the rules, become a Mega Mutant Power Pets master, and try to save the world in this single-player RPG about being a 90’s kid. On her first day at Dudsdale Elementary, 10-year old Jess accidentally gets everybody’s favorite collectible card game banned, forcing the kids to take their card battles underground. Troubles arise when mutants from the game invade the real world, and it’s up to Jess and friends to stop them.
- BE A CHAMPION: Build your decks around the ultra rare Champion cards you earn. Each Champion comes with unique abilities to tailor your deck around. First player to get their opponent’s Champion card’s health to zero wins the match.
- GO MEGA: Champion cards evolve to their MEGA forms when their health halves, doing more attack damage and gaining new powers.
- CHANGE THE GAME: The kids sometimes use house rules and who knows what the Mutants will change. Throughout the game you will choose the new rules and conditions as well as renaming your favorite cards and giving them upgrades using stickers. Create entirely new cards using the Mega Mutant Power Magazine. But be careful, these decisions are permanent.
- GET SCRAPPY: Adventure throughout the school to unravel the strange occurances at Dudsdale Elementary. Take on quests to earn cards, stickers, and candy which you can collect and trade with your classmates. Careful, there’s no backsies!
- YOU CAN’T COLLECT ‘EM ALL: In the end, your decks and rules will be unique to you. Stickers are rare, choices matter, and sometimes you’ll have to make a tough decision to get the best cards.
- THE 1990’s: Through its totally rad, choice-driven, interactive narrative, Cardpocalypse delivers the experience of being a 90’s kid. Boo-ya!
Dead End Job – Dead End Job sends you into a madcap, whacky world to bust up ghosts. It’s a procedurally generated, couch co-op, twin-stick shooter that straps a vacuum pack to your back, and puts a plasma blaster in your hand. For you, it’s just another day in the office.
You take on the role of Hector Plasm, a worker at Ghoul-B-Gone – ‘the Number One experts in paranormal pest control’ – as you’re tasked with heading to haunted offices, restaurants, and other everyday buildings before freeing them of unwanted guests.
Have you got what it takes to be the best at putting pests to rest?
Play alone or bust ghosts with a buddy in drop in / drop out co-op that works seamlessly within the main adventure.
Do you love 90’s cartoons? Yeah, so do we, and we grew up on their stretchy squishy gross-out laughs. Our love for them spills over into the game like so much ectoplasm. See every nose hair in wacky, vibrant art that brings everyday items to life as screwball spooks to suck up.
Exercise that fighting spirit, since every specter you snag and every resident you rescue is added to your client’s bill at the end of the job. Haunted by the ghost of your mentor, quite literally, you must learn the ropes and to save her soul before she’s forced to spend eternity as a spook (voted “Least Preferred Fate” in Ghost Hunter Monthly).
Available Dec. 13th.
Event Horizon: Space Defense – Build and command your starbase in an endless journey. Choose every detail of your playstyle from hundreds of ships, weapons, modules and upgrades.
You are under attack!
Set in the captivating Event Horizon universe, this hardcore game puts you in control of a massive space fleet at war with over twelve alien factions. Make the best decisions in two crucial phases: strategic building and adrenaline-fueled battles.
You will have to trace your own path to victory from a large variety of possible items, features and actions. You should also travel to hunt giant space worms, investigate helpful beacons and scavenge wreckages for new assets.
There is no end to the game, the stronger you become, the stronger your enemies will be. The war lasts forever – defend your station at all costs!
- Over 100 unique spaceships – Progressively unlock them, from small frigates to capital vessels
- Fully modular ships – Change the internal layout to use different weapons, add more armor and much more…
- Massive fleet battles – Fly right into the action to defend your station against dozens of alien invaders
- Exploration – Scavenge wreckages and abandoned cargo for blueprints and scraps, encounter giant space worms
- Investigation – Travel to beacons to help cargo ships under attack or destroy an enemy space station
- Unlimited upgrades – Ships can be expanded and repainted for looks, and modules features can be upgraded
- Never-ending gameplay – Fight forever, the stronger your base is, the stronger are the invaders
Available Dec. 13th.
GENSOU Skydrift – And so the girls fly again.
A Touhou Project racing game is here!
In the mystical land of Gensokyo somewhere in Japan, humans and yokai live together in strange harmony. One day, some girls notice that their spirit energy is weak.
Yokai specialist Reimu Hakurei and her friend Marisa Kirisame spot someone running off on a racetrack…
- 20 challengers from the Touhou Project!
- One girl acts as a board and one acts as a rider.
- Swap between characters!
- Use spell cards for interference, acceleration, and defense, or use devastating Last Words!
- 16 courses set across Gensokyo, including the Human Village, a flying ship, the spooky Scarlet Devil Manor, and the cherry blossom-lined Hakugyokuro!
- Race on walls, ceilings, cliffs, the air—The sky’s the limit!
- Features online multiplayer VS mode. Race against anyone, anywhere, anytime!
- Also features a campaign mode where the game’s story plays out—And a post-game secret episode.
Fun for Touhou veterans and newcomers alike!
Jamestown+ – 17th-century British colonial Mars beckons. Bring your friends.
Built from the ground up to be exciting for players of all skill levels, Jamestown+ is friendly to shoot ’em up newcomers while also offering the full-throttle challenge that die-hard fans of the genre crave.
Set on 17th-century British colonial Mars, Jamestown+ is a neoclassical cooperative shoot-em-up for up to four players. Lush pixelart and an award-winning orchestral soundtrack immerse you in Raleigh’s battle to protect Britain’s last bastion: Jamestown colony. Jamestown+ features all the intensity, depth, and lovingly handcrafted pixels of a classic arcade shooter, with a modern twist: deeply-integrated cooperative gameplay.
Eight years in the making, this is the definitive expanded and remastered edition of the critically-acclaimed debut title from Final Form Games.
Fun for all:
- Jamestown’s wide array of difficulty levels gives newcomers an exciting way to get into the shoot ’em up genre while also offering experts the crisply-controlling intense action they crave.
- Jamestown+ plays beautifully at any number of players – you’ll only lose a credit when the whole team is destroyed at once, so you’re always happy to have a bonus friend in on the action!
Link-a-Pix Deluxe Christmas – Demo Version – The clue-linking logic puzzle where every grid has a picture hidden inside
Link-a-Pix is a clue-linking puzzle where every grid has a picture hidden inside. The aim is to reveal the picture by painting paths to link the clues.
Connect pairs of clues which have the same colour and number. The number shows the length of the line which will connect them.
Link-a-Pix can always be solved using logic and deduction. You don’t ever have to guess!
This game contains 120 brand new full-colour puzzles and 120 unique mono puzzles, designed by Conceptis Ltd. Puzzles range in difficulty and size from small introductory pictures to huge scrollable grids.
Content previously available in Link-a-Pix Colour on Nintendo 3DS™ family systems can be downloaded as DLC and extra add-on packs will be released regularly.
Rift Keeper – Loot epic gear as you progress through the dungeons. Find new weapons and accessories, grow your power!
Embark on your journey, travel through rifts and restore the balance as the Rift Keeper in this handcrafted 2D roguelite platformer with challenging, fast-paced action gameplay.
Duty called and the Rift Keeper woke up from his deep slumber. The little town he was summoned was silent as if it’s the end. He opened the church’s rusty old door and four old men wearing red robes greeted him with a grim smile. One of the priests stepped forward and said, “The Gates are open”.
- Embark on your journey, travel through 30 different dungeons! Grow powerful as enemies keep getting harder. How far can you go?
- Unique enemies to fight with and many more to come!
- 30 handcrafted dungeons!
Available Dec. 17th.
SuperEpic: The Entertainment War – Video games are dead
In a not-too-distant future dystopia, a single videogame development company, Regnantcorp, controls an Orwellian society by enslaving the population with their addictive free games.
As a rebellious racoon, along with your llama steed, you’ll explore a surreal castle-like office full of enemies, challenges, secrets and corporate pigs.
Break into their headquarters, uncover the conspiracy and save videogames!
Travel Mosaics: A Paris Tour – A classic nonogram puzzle with a twist! Lots of fun and just the right amount of challenge for the entire family!
Embark on a breathtaking adventure to France: solve beautifully crafted themed puzzles, collect souvenirs and learn fun facts about your destination.
- 140 Color-coded nonograms + 20 bonus puzzles + dozens of tricky quiz questions to learn more about Paris
- 3 Levels of difficulty
- Customize the playing field to reflect your style: choose from a variety of colorful tile designs
- Collect souvenirs and decorate the Walkers’ living room
Every puzzle can be solved just by logic, but don’t worry – if you get stuck you can use any of the 4 types of hints to help you!
Unlike other games of the genre, Travel Mosaics puzzles are color coded. Each puzzle contains a hidden colorful image that can be revealed by solving it!
The game utilizes Nintendo Switch’s features to their full potential. Play using your JoyCon™ controllers or use the touch screen.
Travel Mosaics is a game to be enjoyed by everyone. With intuitive controls and varying difficulty settings players of all ages can get immersed in this Parisian adventure.
Available Dec. 16th.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales
- There’s Still Time to Enter the My Nintendo Holiday Sweepstakes for a Chance to Win a Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite System! – Each day, from Dec. 12 to Dec. 14, My Nintendo members can enter the My Nintendo Holiday Sweepstakes for a chance to win a daily prize pack, plus a chance to win a Grand Prize Nintendo Switch prize pack.** To enter, simply visit https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/. You can enter once per day, so be sure to come back for more chances to win!
- Redeem My Nintendo Points to Get a Seven-Day Trial for Nintendo Switch Online* – Get ready for online play with your friends and family. Redeem 100 My Nintendo Platinum Points*** and enjoy Nintendo Switch Online for seven days! Offer ends Jan. 31, 2020 at 9 a.m. PT.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
Remember that Nntendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch, http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
*Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online features. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. https://nintendo.com/switch-online
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the U.S. (incl. DC) and Canada (excluding Quebec). Sweepstakes begins 12:01 AM PT on December 5, 2019 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on December 14, 2019. To enter, you must
(1) be a current My Nintendo member;
(2) visit https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/sweepstakes;
(3) sign in to your Nintendo Account, and
(4) and click the Enter Sweepstakes button on the sweepstake page as stated in Official Rules.