Manchester, UK, September 20, 2019 — Collectable indie games label, Signature Edition, is proud to announce the imminent release of the heavy metal infused 2D action-platformer, Valfaris. Published by Big Sugar and developed by Steel Mantis, Signature Editions will be available on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.
Presented in a large format collectible box, the Signature Edition version of Valfaris will include:
- A region free version of the game (PlayStation4 or Nintendo Switch).
- Two CDs of the seismic soundtrack recorded by extreme metaller Curt Victor Bryant (former Celtic Frost guitarist).
- Two art cards – one featuring exclusive in-game imagery and the other bearing digital signatures of the dev team.
- A paper-back art booklet filled with awesome pixel art from the game and concept sketches.
- Two exclusive metal pin badges – featuring The Bringer of Mayhem and the Unlimited Energy Skull.
Set in a far corner of space, Valfaris is a heavy metal infused 2D action-platformer and the next game from the team behind Slain: Back From Hell.
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness. Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
Brutal combat. Deadly enemies. Stunning pixel art. Savage soundtrack.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell