In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
DAEMON X MACHINA – In this new action game from Kenichiro Tsukuda (Armored Core) and mech designer Shoji Kawamori,your environment is your ally. Collect and use Femto Energy on the field to boost your stats and create powerful mirages, or wield objects like cars and street signs as melee weapons and projectiles. For even more power, upgrade your physical combat abilities and learn new skills through body modification. It’ll also come in handy when you eject from your Arsenal and fight on foot using special weapons and abilities.
Castle Crashers Remastered – Hack, slash and smash your way to victory in this Remastered edition of the popular 2D arcade adventure game from The Behemoth. Up to four friends can play locally* or online** and save your princess, defend your kingdom and crash some castles.
- Unlock more than 25 characters and over 40 weapons!
- Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock an arsenal of new attacks as your character progresses through the game.
- Level up your character and adjust Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
- Adorable animal orbs are your companions. Each adds different abilities to aid you on your journey.
- Arena mode: Battle other players in free-for-all or team matches!
- Back Off Barbarian mini game: Jump and hop across the level to avoid the enemies!
- Insane Mode: Test your skills in the ultimate campaign challenge
The Sinking City – The Sinking City is an adventure and investigation game set in an open world inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft, the master of Horror. The half-submerged city of Oakmont is gripped by supernatural forces. You’re a private investigator, and you have to uncover the truth of what has possessed the city … and the minds of its inhabitants.
AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES – THE MIND NEVER LIES…
In a near-future Tokyo, Special Agent Kaname Date is on the case of a mysterious serial killer. Date must investigate crime scenes as well as dreams on the hunt for clues.
AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES will be available Sept. 17th.
Akash: Path of the Five – As the first girl raised in your village in over 200 years, your choices will decide your fate, and the future of your people.
Akash: Path of the Five is a visual novel in the otome style.
Players will become Aurora, a member of a magical race of elementals. As the first elemental girl the village has seen in over 200 years, all eyes are on your fast-approaching coming of age ceremony. All is not as it seems, however, as tensions between Akash and a nearby human settlement threaten to erupt into an all-out war. Cultivate a romance with one of her five classmates, navigate the coming conflict, and plan the greatest coming of age ceremony your village has seen in over two centuries.
- A fully voiced narrative with over 7,000 lines of dialogue.
- A veteran cast including SungWon Cho, Morgan Berry, Ray Chase, Andrew Love, Chris Patton, Brandon McInnis and more.
- Over 80 collectible CGs.
- 6 potential love interests.
- Up to 25 possible endings.
- An original orchestral score by Fat Bard.
- Hi-res character art and stylized 3-D environments.
Available Sept. 16th.
Arcade Archives VIGILANTE – New York, 1988 Rescue Madonna, who disappeared into the dark underbelly of the city!
“VIGILANTE” is an action game released by IREM in 1988.
Play as a vigilante who sets out to rescue his beloved Madonna from the Rogue Gang, a group so out of hand even the police can’t stop them.
Punch, kick, and use your powerful nun-chucks to fight your way through 5 stages across the great city of New York!
The “Arcade Archives” series has faithfully reproduced many classic Arcade masterpieces.
Players can change various game settings such as game difficulty, and also reproduce the atmosphere of arcade display settings at that time. Players can also compete against each other from all over the world with their high scores.
Please enjoy the masterpiece that built a generation for video games.
Atomic Heist – Sci-fi roguelike twin-stick shooter. The nuclear core you have to steal is leaking radiation. Fight your way out of the space station in your combat ship and pull off the Atomic Heist!
It has been nearly six years since the end of the Delotian wars. Our first war… our first contact, with an alien race. We thought the Delotians were coming to annihilate us. We later learned they were running away from the real threat. For eighteen generations the Delotians were hunted by the Rhaokyns. Everything they knew, everything they were had been lost or destroyed. The Delotians travelled through subspace to remote parts of the galaxy to hide from their hunters. Luck brought them to our backyard. They wanted help. They needed help. We didn’t listen.
But that war is over. We are stitching together what threads of friendship we can. The Rhaokyns have found them again and now they have found us.
- Fight your way out of randomly generated levels
- Engage in fast-paced twin-stick combat against enemy spaceships
- Collect power-ups and permanent upgrades to survive longer
- Explore the space station and experience the backstory behind the Atomic Heist
- Discover every enemy’s weaknesses and strategize your approach
- Challenge yourself with daily game modes
- Test your survival skills in Endless Arena mode
Available Sept. 13th.
Battle Supremacy – Evolution – Sci-Fi morphing vehicle combat
Experience the true power in Battle Supremacy: EVOLUTION, a sci-fi transforming vehicles game with thrilling gameplay and showoff-worthy visuals.
Act as a tank, a drone or an airplane, Battle it out in this riveting game, packed with lush landscapes and destructible environments. Drive or fly through futuristic cities with suspended highways and gigantic bridges.
Unlock each level’s medals to master over 100 single player missions.
Upgrade vehicles, advance in rank and fight together with your teammates in the most intense online battles you’ve experienced in multiplayer modes, including Team Death match and Capture the Base.
The gameplay is so immersive and engaging that destroying a target can feel like winning the battle, but really it’s just the beginning…
Unlock all the transforming vehicles and take part in epic battles across different sceneries ranging from a top notch, clean environment paradise city through a post-apocalyptic Doomland.
CHOP – CHOP is a 2D arena fighting game with a lot of gore and fast-paced action. Swords will fly, bodies will be chopped, friendships will break!
One hit to kill, respawn almost instantly. CHOP is meant to give a feeling close to what you can experience in fast FPS, mixed with platformer setting and influences from beloved titles. it speaks to those who like gore, comics, post-apo and are looking for a supercharged party game!
The game offers a unique twist with Rush Out mode.
It doesn’t matter how many players you kill. Your goal is to rush out through your portal as fast as possible. Don’t worry, you still need to defeat enemies, as it’s the only way to open the portal.
- From 1 to 4 player local multiplayer
- Glorious dismemberments, delightful executions, silly gory graphics all wrapped up in a comic book style.
- 4 playable characters
- 4 special abilities
- Blistering moves
- Various arenas
- Random bonuses to spice up battles
- Many options to customize your games
Available Sept. 13th.
DISTRAINT: Deluxe Edition – How much is your humanity worth?
DISTRAINT: Deluxe Edition is a 2D psychological horror adventure game that tells the story of Price, a young man who seizes an old woman’s apartment. After seizing her home, his humanity is now gone. So begins his tale of regrets…
Creep your way through different locations, learning the backstory of Price and his motivations that led him down this dark path.
Progress through the somber story by solving light puzzles across a variety of different scenarios and settings!
- Side scrolling 2D art with dynamic hand drawn graphics
- Atmospheric music and sound design
- Minimalist interface so your focus never wavers from the experience
- Delve into a unique story full of intriguing twists
Available Sept. 13th.
Ellen – Help young investigator James uncover the dark truth behind the murder of the Smiths’ and their missing daughter Ellen in this thrilling 2D pixel horror game.
If you don’t believe in paranormal events, meet the people from White Hill.
It’s been years since all but the daughter in the Smiths’ family were found brutally murdered. The people of the town are getting uneasy as more and more witnesses have spoken about seeing the silhouette of a little girl standing in the house. Rumors spread that the silhouette has to be Ellen, the daughter of the Smith’s family, whose body was never found during the investigation of the murders. 1 year later, James, a bright and eager investigator, has taken matters into his own hands to finally reveal the truth of what happened that horrible night.
- Play as James, an intelligent detective who is trying to get to the bottom of the paranormal events happening in the Smiths’ Residence at White Hill.
- Dive into an emotional and thrilling experience while solving puzzles and persisting through nerve-racking scenarios.
- Listen to breath-taking soundtracks as you’re traversing through the unnerving residence of the Smiths’ in a beautiful pixel art style.
- Enjoy the atmospheric storytelling as you unfold the mystery by completing all chapters.
Available Sept. 13th.
Hyperdrive Massacre – Hyperdrive Massacre is an 80s inspired arcade fragfest in Spacewar sauce designed around local multiplayer, focused on kinesthetics, tactical and shooting skills at a frenzied pace.
Hyperdrive Massacre is an 80s inspired local multiplayer fragfest for up to 4 players. Players take control of a space Cadillac and frag their way to victory against friends or can also play against AI. Both modes allow players to unlock a full crew roster. Submachine guns, sniper rifles, frag grenades, homing missiles, and bullet deflectors are just some of the tools player can use to create havoc.
Jet Kave Adventure – Jetpack through the prehistoric world in a “Stone fiction” adventure platformer!
Jet Kave Adventure brings everything you love about 2.5D platformers. Enjoy the skill-based action, challenging boss fights, clever secrets and thrilling set-pieces in a game where the Stone Age and science fiction collide.
Meet Kave, the jet-powered caveman. A has-been chief banished by his own tribe, he stumbles upon… a jetpack! The device turns him into the only prehistoric man who stands a chance against “the alien invader” – a rather unlikable guy from the sky who’ll readily kick off a disastrous volcanic eruption just so he can repair his spaceship. So begins Kave’s quest to save the whole island and prove his worth to the tribe.
Who needs double jumps when you’ve got a jetpack?! This piece of extraterrestrial tech is a real game changer – both for Kave and the player. Master jet-fueled platforming and fly over pitfalls, smash through walls, knock out enemies, and manipulate objects as you halt the alien threat once and for all.
- Save the island and Kave’s honor in a playful “Stone fiction” adventure
- Jetpack through 36 colorful levels riddled with hazards and rich with secrets
- Use your trusty club and alien jetpack to smack and whack 30 types of enemies
- Show what you’re made of in breakneck flight sequences and boss fights
- Master jet-fueled platforming to find collectibles and upgrade your gear
- Enjoy a 2.5D adventure platformer tailor-made for Nintendo Switch™!
Available Sept. 17th.
KAIJU KHAOS – Unleash the beast!
An endless runner where you must cause as much destruction as you can whilst you make your escape from the military containment facility.
Unlock different Kaijus and grow them to monstorous sizes to overcome the obstacles in your path and take your revenge on mankind.
LEGO Jurassic World – Following the epic story lines of Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park III, and Jurassic World, LEGO Jurassic World™ allows players to relive and experience all four Jurassic films. Reimagined in LEGO form and now available on the Nintendo Switch™ system, the thrilling adventure allows fans to play through key moments and explore Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna.
- Wreak havoc as LEGO dinosaurs: Choose from 20 dinosaurs, including the friendly Triceratops, deadly Raptor, and even the mighty T. rex.
- Customize your own dinosaur collection: Collect LEGO amber and experiment with DNA to create completely original dinosaurs.
- Explore Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna: Put your unique dinosaur creations in to paddocks as you complete Free Play missions.
Available Sept. 17th.
Molecats – Аn indirect-control tile-twisting puzzled adventure …with traps!
Molecats is a challenging indirect-control puzzle game that takes place in the quirky and beautiful world of… Molecats!
Molecats are sort of cat-mole hybrids. They are a bunch of gawky fellows who like mushrooms, marching and adventures of all kind! Molecats spend their time digging into nearby caves and gathering delicious ‘shrooms and shiny relics, occasionally getting lost in the process.
Your goal is to guide Molecats through the underground by taking control of the environment and changing the path they follow. On their way, Molecats will face lots of dangerous traps, spooky monsters and tricky challenges and meet a whole bunch of strange but interesting characters.
- Indirect control via level tiles.. Rotate tiles to connect paths; apply special powers to tiles to make Molecats run, stop, or walk in opposite direction.
- Simple but challenging. Simple game mechanics at its base with little twists creating more challenging pathfinding puzzles.
- Peace! Traps and monsters don’t kill, but make your life way more complicated.
- “Nonfailure” gameplay style. You can’t actually lose this game, but if you mess up, you will end up facing even more puzzles.
- Tons of secrets! Each level features secondary goals, trophies, mysterious unlockables, special relic collections and hidden locations plus secret levels with unique game mechanics!
Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure – Grab your rod, reel, and adventurous spirit as you join three friends on a summer road trip to remember! Visit a variety of fishing spots, from deep-sea fishing to freshwater stream fishing as you and the gang track down and try to catch the elusive Legendary Fish. Upgrade skills and abilities, craft rods, reels, and lures as you try to catch the big one!
- Action-style fishing places the emphasis on exciting battles!
- Catch over 20 kinds of fish from over 10 fishing locations!
Available Sept. 17th.
Rest in Pieces – Swing fragile porcelain figurines through horrid nightmares… Without breaking.
Please save all the poor souls that have been trapped in the dream demons porcelain nightmares.
Awake little Georgina from her evil clown dream, weaved of her worst fears. Help the drunken pirate Jack Parrot to vanquish the horrible sea monster Kraken. Save Father Lugosi from Count Draculas bloodthirsty fangs. Rest in Pieces includes many souls to save, and several frightening nightmares to wake up from.
- Kill bosses to awake
- Collect Gems and unlock new figurines
- Each figurine has unique characteristics
- Save all 18 souls
- Unlock 6 deadly nightmares
The objective is to swing fragile porcelain figurines through horrid nightmares without smashing into anything. It is easy to learn, but only the most skilled players will manage to save them all!
Available Sept. 13th.
Ritual: Sorcerer Angel – Destroy all monsters!
Equip your sorcerer with powerful combinations of Spells and Skills and blaze through horders of monsters in a unique spell-casting action RPG.
You are a Sorcerer Angel. They tried to sacrifice you and failed. Hunt them down, kill their foul God and purge the world!
★ Discover hundreds of magic Skills and Spells
★ Slay thousands of Monsters, Shadows, Demons and Cultists
★ New Game Plus, repeatable levels and trillions of possible builds for endless replayability
Star Wars Pinball – Feel the power of the Force™ in Star Wars™ Pinball!
19 TABLES CELEBRATING A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY
- Movie Adaptations: Episodes IV – VIII; Rogue One: A Star Wars Story; Solo: A Star Wars Story
- TV Adaptations: Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels
- Characters: Han Solo, Darth Vader, Lando Calrissian in the Calrissian Chronicles table, Boba Fett, Droids
- Locations: Ahch-To Island, Mimban
- Themes: Jedi versus Sith in Masters of the Force, X-wings vs. TIE fighters in Starfighter Assault, or experience the Might of the First Order
NINTENDO SWITCH™ EXCLUSIVE FEATURES AND MODES
In addition to HD Rumble and vertical play, Star Wars Pinball boasts several new features and modes exclusive to Nintendo Switch as a standalone product:
- Galactic Struggle: Every Star Wars Pinball player in the galaxy will choose to support the light or dark side in a perpetual online digital tug-of-war between the forces of good and evil. Which path will you choose?
- Career Mode: Designed with short on-the-go gameplay sessions in mind, this mode challenges you to complete very specific pinball-based missions across all 19 tables.
- Choose the path of the Jedi or the Sith as you progress through 50 career ranks.
- Some missions involve mastering awesome Star Wars-themed mini-games that might be difficult for some players to access through regular play, such as piloting an X-wing or TIE fighter or fighting Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel.
- Force Powers and Talents: Collect Holocron Shards during missions to unlock Force powers and talents that yield special in-game bonuses when activated, such as multipliers, slowing down time and more.
- Cantina Jukebox: Collect the greatest tunes in the galaxy as you play each table. Once you’ve heard a song, you can listen to it any time you like in the game lobby.
Also, challenge anyone in the galaxy through Galactic Tournaments, League Play and, of course, old-fashioned high scores achieved through Single Player mode.
Available Sept. 13th.
Super Dodgeball Beats – You’re invited to the craziest dodgeball contest ever! Get your groove on with Super Dodgeball Beats, the world’s most intense rhythm-sports game!
Take part in insanely cool dodgeball games played to the rhythm of 18 original music tracks. Conquer your rivals in style with perfect rhythm and sweet moves. There’s nothing else like it!
MULTIPLAYER: Play against a friend via couch co-op and show off your amazing skills. Choose from 4 different teams, 8 gorgeous hand-drawn levels, and select any music track you want! Perfectly time your supercharged moves to finish off your opponents!
CHAMPIONSHIP MODE: Be the galaxy’s best dodgeball team in this intense single-player mode! Your squad of 4 dodgeball students must rise through the ranks and face the weirdest foes, from the fearsome Vampire dodgeball masters to the mysterious thunder-infused ancients. Make it far enough and you’ll face even weirder and more powerful dodgeball bosses!
INSANE POWERUPS: Turn the tide of battle by utilising a plethora of powerups including grenades, doughnuts, stone golems and more.
Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Mayan – Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Mayan is an 8-bit action adventure platformer featuring thirteen stages, and is our love letter to the classics.
Sydney soon discovers that Kinich Ahau (the Maya sun god) and Kukulkan (the feathered serpent god) have broken up the sacred Maya Haab calendar into seven separate pieces, has taken four precious idols, and are hiding them throughout the pyramid.
This all comes during the time of Wayab; the five unlucky days of the year. This has caused great chaos, and time to freeze if the Haab calendar isn’t found and put back together in time.
The local Maya now ask Sydney to go out and find all seven pieces of the Haab calendar, reclaim the important idols, defeat the Maya gods, and bring peace and balance back to the Maya civilization.
In doing so restoring time to continue…
The Tenth Line Special Edition – Experience a unique, retro-style RPG featuring challenging battles, platforming exploration, and a fantastical tale about friendship, faith, and finding your place in the world.
In The Tenth Line, you’ll guide the princess of the tiny nation of Easania, along with her unusual but reliable companions, and explore a vibrant world of humans, beasts, and dragons, while escaping the clutches of a mysterious cult in hot pursuit.
Explore the world through fast-paced 2D platforming by controlling three separate characters, each with unique movement mechanics and ways of interacting with the world.
Take on dozens of foes at one time through challenging turn-based RPG battles with an active timing element.
Strengthen your party through unique progression and ways to level-up: power up combat moves and set up character-specific specialties through training, and gain levels to spend on the puzzle-like Power Flow board to increase stats and learn new attacks.
Multiple hours of gameplay, plus post-game challenges and a New Game Plus mode.
Includes an optional story-focused mode that removes most enemy encounters and simplifies platforming to allow a player to quickly experience the entire story.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS:
Space Intervention – Save our galaxy from the invasion of an alien race.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses – Expansion Pass Wave 2 – In the great land of Fódlan, you must be ready for any conflict that could arise. With this new wave of paid downloadable content for the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game (sold separately), prepare your army for war by testing their strength in five additional auxiliary battles, invigorate their fighting spirit with a new auxiliary battle song option, equip them with a powerful set of items and dress them for success in a new training outfit for many characters. Oh, and the protagonist, Byleth, can wear glasses now, too. Looking good, Professor!
Celebrate the launch of ASTRAL CHAIN with My Nintendo! – Find the dimensional gates hidden on the ASTRAL CHAIN website to earn My Nintendo Platinum Points***. Redeem My Nintendo points for wallpapers and printable box art covers featuring ASTRAL CHAIN, the new action game for the Nintendo Switch system.
My Nintendo Back to School – Back-to-school season is in full swing with September rewards from My Nintendo. Get ready for a classic adventure with a calendar inspired by the Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening game, discount coupons and much more.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
*Additional games, systems and/or accessories may be required for multiplayer mode; sold separately.
**Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online features. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
***A Nintendo Account is required to receive and redeem My Nintendo points. Terms apply. https://accounts.nintendo.com/term_point.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch, http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.