Molecats started off as a tiny project that grew over the years of “garage” development, with almost no budget or planning.
And so, Molecats are finally here: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/molecats-switch/
Meet the Molecats – quirky mole/cat hybrids forever digging underground for tasty mushrooms and shiny relics!
Molecats is a true labor of love for multinational developer Vidroid – which has won several awards and produced sought-after talent, such as: sound designer Samuel Justice, who is credited on a number of AAA titles such as B4, Soma, and Paragon; and composer Vasiliy Kashnikov, who wrote the scores for Knock-knock, The Void, and Cargo! The Quest for Gravity.
Watch the trailer above to get a feel for the game’s charming, unexpected underground world.. or at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CKLOIQ-Hu4
In the game, your job is to help the aforementioned Molecats secure ever-important foodstuffs (‘shrooms) and loot (relics). Guide them through dangerous underground tunnels by twisting and turning tiles – indirectly controlling where and how your crew tackles each challenge. Spooky monsters and devious traps are lurking around every corner: Take your time and plan each move carefully to keep those Molecats smiling. Of course, finding the exit with both goodies and limbs intact is great – but stay on the lookout for achievements, secondary goals, unlockables, secret levels, and more. You never know what you’ll dig up…
The funky puzzle game from indie developer Vidroid has won several awards – thanks its intricate visual design, innovative gameplay, and lovable characters.
- Enjoy simple yet challenging gameplay as you solve clever puzzles by rotating tiles to connect paths and apply special powers.
- Avoid dozens of obstacles, monsters, and traps that try to slow you down.
- Keep trying without dying: Every mistake leads to even more puzzles.
- Discover and unlock tons of achievements such as secondary goals, mysterious unlockables, secret levels with unique game mechanics, and more!
- Explore an adorable world and meet a slew of unforgettable characters.