In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons – Play the award-winning adventure with a new two-player mode for the Nintendo Switch system. Guide two brothers on an epic fairytale journey from Swedish film director Josef Fares. Control both brothers at once as you experience co-op play in single-player – or team up with a friend in the new two-player mode. The Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons game is available May 28.
SWORD ART ONLINE: Hollow Realization Deluxe Edition – The SWORD ART ONLINE series finally arrives on Nintendo Switch. The year is 2026. A new VRMMORPG called “Sword Art: Origin” is suddenly unveiled to the world. During a closed beta test, Kirito meets a mysterious girl, an NPC without so much as a name, who is offering a strange quest. Will the meeting between this NPC girl and the Black Swordsman prove to be the world’s salvation, or its undoing? Watch as a new death game begins to play out. The SWORD ART ONLINE: Hollow Realization Deluxe Edition game features the main game, as well as the additional content “Abyss of the Shrine Maiden” and the large-scale update “Warriors of the Sky!” The game is available May 24.
American Fugitive – JUSTICE AIN’T ALWAYS LEGAL
American Fugitive is a modern take on classic sandbox action offering a new 3D top-down open-world single-player experience.
Welcome to Redrock County, a sleepy American town with a booming criminal underbelly.
You take the role of Will Riley. No angel for sure – but not a killer. Yet the cold-blooded murder of your dad is the crime they locked you up for. Fuelled by grief and a burning desire for vengeance, you’ll bust out of jail intent on finding the real culprit.
Once outside, you’ll need to blend with the townsfolk to avoid recapture. Establish contact with the criminal underworld and stay one step ahead of the police dragnet.
Set in the deep south of the 1980s, American Fugitive is a love-letter to the classic movies and games of old.
It’s a race against time, and JUSTICE AIN’T ALWAYS LEGAL.
- A MODERN TAKE ON CLASSIC SANDBOX ACTION – Rediscover the joy of top-down carnage with stunning 3D graphics and destructible environments, dramatic storytelling and epic car-chase mayhem.
- A MATURE GAME BASED ON AN ORIGINAL STORY – Unravel a plot of mystery, deception and corruption, full of twists and turns, inhabited by a motley cast of law-breakers and law-enforcers.
- A MASSIVE OPEN-WORLD ENVIRONMENT – Explore Redrock County on foot on by car – a beautiful and vibrant slice of 80s rural USA.
- CHOOSE THE LIFE OF A FELON – Rob houses, steal cars, arm yourself to the teeth. Just don’t get caught!
- PUT THE PEDAL TO THE METAL: test yourself against time trial challenges and stunt jumps dotted throughout the world, using any of the numerous vehicles.
- A WEALTH OF ACTIVITIES – Whether you’re undertaking jobs for the criminal underworld, uncovering hidden stashes, looting houses, sticking up stores, or fencing fine art, remain vigilant. The crooked cops will stop at nothing to see you back behind bars!
Among the Sleep – Enhanced Edition – In the nightmarish first-person horror game Among the Sleep, you play as a defenseless toddler, roaming around the house to find your missing mom.
In the enhanced edition of this award-winning first person horror adventure, you step into the pyjamas of a two year old child creeping through a dark and distorted house. Find your missing mother as you wander through sinister and surreal surroundings ranging from a haunting playground to a lakeside cottage, with only a teddy bear by your side for comfort. Will you survive long enough to unravel the family secret and make it to the end of this pitch-black nightmare?
- Enhanced edition with new dialogue, better performance & visuals and more
- Put the pieces of the puzzle together to find out what has happened to your mother
- Creep through threatening environments like a twisted forest and a dark house
- Unravel a disturbing story filled with tension, symbolism and psychological horror
Available May 29th
Arcade Archives Buta san – A bomb-filled battle royale with up to 100 Buta sans of 16 different types!
Buta san is an action game that was released from JALECO in 1987.
Players try to survive while throwing time bombs at each other.
Can you survive the gauntlet of 100 fellow pigs to become the champion Pig?
In this title, two players can play together to help or hamper each other.
The “Arcade Archives” series has faithfully reproduced many classic Arcade masterpieces.
Players can change various game settings such as game difficulty, and also reproduce the atmosphere of arcade display settings at that time. Players can also compete against each other from all over the world with their high scores.
Please enjoy the masterpiece that built a generation for video games.
Back in 1995 – Embrace the 90’s with Back in 1995!
A throwback to the survival horror and mystery games of the mid-90’s 32-bit generation, Back in 1995 faithfully re-creates everything from this all-but-forgotten era of games.
Be transported to a world both concrete and indistinct, where you must uncover the mystery surrounding the disappearance of your daughter, the catastrophe that shook the city, and why you’ve decided to finally return.
- Get lost in the nostalgic world of retro 3D graphics, including low-res models, texture warping, CRT emulation, and fixed CCTV style camera angles.
- Relive the mystery game genre with an old-school user interface and tank controls.
- Explore a sparse cityscape in the year 1995, littered with clues about the past.
- Interact with a cast of damaged characters whose intentions you can never truly know.
- Uncover the mystery of yourself, your daughter, and what happened to the city.
Available May 24th
Battle Worlds: Kronos – Battle Worlds: Kronos is a turn-based strategy game deeply rooted in the hexagonal tradition of the genre. The planet is once again torn by war, for the succession of a new emperor. Its destiny is in your hands!
Available May 28th
Brawlout – Demo Version – A new challenger has appeared in the platform fighter arena! Brawlout is the party fighting game, designed for couch play, online matches and competitive tournaments.
Brawlout packs a punch with couch and online play modes, blending platform fighter mechanics and traditional fighting game play into a stylish and fluid battle royale.
Rather than slow-paced defensive battles, Brawlout goes all-out with the lightning-fast aerobatics which platform fighters are famous for.
Striking the balance between the growing competitive scene and the genre’s party game roots, Brawlout hopes to cater to the veteran platform fighter, the casual fan and the newcomer looking to make their mark.
Each character in Brawlout has their own unique playstyle, catering to specific character archetypes seen in other fighters. Whether you’re a die-hard grappler or a rushdown fiend, there is a fighter for you in Brawlout.
There are currently six original characters and two popular indie characters to choose from that allow for varied play styles. As well as cosmetic skins, each original Brawlout character has three Variants; alt versions of the character with different stats, outfits and even new moves. With these Variants, Brawlout’s cast numbers 18 individual fighters. Find the fighter and Variant that’s right for you and tear it up on the battlefield.
Combined with familiar movement techniques like wavedashing and airdodging, Brawlout adds some extra mechanics seen in other fighting games. The Rage Meter builds up as you both deal and take damage, allowing you either break combos with the Rage Burst or unleash hell with the Rage Mode. The Rage Burst pushes opponents back, breaking their combos and allowing players to create some breathing room at the cost of half their Rage Meter. If the meter fills, you can activate the Rage Mode, increasing the knockback you deal while reducing the amount you take.
As for modes, Brawlout has all you’d expect from a normal platform fighter and then some. Up to four players can compete in either timed, stock or team battles:
- All on the same device
- Each with their own device, without any internet connection, playing nearby
- Online either with friends or other Brawlout players
- AI opponents are also available if you want to practice your team combos with a friend, or if you need to fill out a free for all. Train with Advanced Tutorials or go in for yourself in challenging Arcade Towers.
Castlevania Anniversary Collection – Konami’s Castlevania Anniversary Collection traces the origins of the historic vampire franchise. Included is a unique eBook with details provided by developers, artists and others inspired by the Castlevania legacy which sheds a fresh light into the world of Castlevania.
Released as part of the Konami 50th Anniversary celebration, relive these timeless classics that helped define the platformer genre. From the Belmont clan to their extended bloodlines and allies, the Castlevania Anniversary Collection is the best first step for anyone to take into the world of Castlevania and the fight against Dracula!
- Castlevania II Simon’s Quest
- Castlevania III Dracula’s Curse
- Super Castlevania IV
- Castlevania The Adventure
- Castlevania II Belmont’s Revenge
- Castlevania Bloodlines
- Kid Dracula (never released in English before)
- History of Castlevania – Book of the Crescent Moon
Chime Sharp – Connect pieces to fill in the level. Your choices make new music with every play. It’s a puzzle, a synthesizer and a fast game.
Place pieces, paint the board, make music. Chime Sharp is a sequel to 2009’s Chime, a music puzzle game with an addictive, ambient heartbeat. You join shapes to cover a grid, while a beatline reads those shapes as notes. As you cover the board, the music builds to a beautiful crescendo of your own design. The only way to discover Chime is to play it, but if you want a glimpse, consider what it might feel like to cross Tetris, a music sequencer and a hypnotic dream about your favourite pop song.
Available May 28th
Crystal Crisis – An all-star cast of heroes has gathered to test their mettle in Crystal Crisis, a cute and chaotic new color-matching combat game! Crystal Crisis is presented like a one-on-one fighting game, but instead of kicking and punching, players attack by arranging colorful falling crystals and clearing them from the screen. It’s the ultimate puzzle battle throwdown!
- 20 unique playable characters, including Quote and Curly Brace from Cave Story, Isaac from The Binding of Isaac, Astro Boy and Black Jack from Tezuka Productions, and many more!
- Build up your “Burst” Gauge with combos to unleash powerful special attacks!
- Several unique single-player and multiplayer game modes, including Story Mode, Arcade, Survival, Tag Team, Versus Mode, Online Versus and more!
- Innovative new “wrap-around” feature allows you to move falling pieces beyond the edge of the wall to reappear on the other side.
- Each character has his or her own stage, musical theme, unique special attacks and voice-acted exclamations!
Available May 28th
GUILTY GEAR – The origin of the series, the abnormality of the fighting game genre, now returns… HEAVEN or HELL? LET’S Rock!
First released in 1998, and achieved worldwide recognition with its own original world view and a whole new game system, the legendary 2D Fighting Game “GUILTY GEAR” now reappearing!
Unleash your furious attack chains with the speedy-as-ever “Gatling Combination”;
Keep up your pressure game with the “Charge Attack”;
Destroy your opponent and conclude the match immediately with the “Sakkai”, and many more!
Play the game in the prime of its all-raw era!
Relive the hot moments with the 13 unique characters!
Rediscover the roots of the now-popular “GUILTY GEAR” series on the Nintendo Switch!
*This game does not support online network features.
Happy Words – Create words and connect them to the existing ones. Score high points and defeat your friends. Play online, solo or in local mode with your friends and family.
Happy words is a word based real time online multiplayer board game for 1 to 4 players in which you have to create new words based on existing ones.
The object of Happy-Words is to score more points than your opponents.
A player collects points by placing words on the game board. Each letter has a different point value, so the strategy becomes to play words with high scoring letter combinations.
The game supports English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Bulgarian languages.
Your can play Happy Words in 3 modes:
- Online with your friends or via random opponents from internet
- Solo versus intelligent robots
- Local on the same device with your friends and family
The game is highly customizable. You can play with different settings like “time to think”, one or two bags of letters, with or without use of helping dictionary and many others.
You can also customize your board color and tile color styles.
Available May 29th
HEROINE ANTHEM ZERO episode 1 – With a emotionally resonating soundtrack and beautiful visual art style, Heroine Anthem Zero is the FIRST EPISODE in an epic fantasy adventure game from WindThunder Studio.
An unforgettable experience that blends storytelling, music and stunning visuals, it is over ten years in the making. Come and enter the moving world of adventure from long ago.
The story begins with the last Cataclysm, with the descendants of the Savior rebuilding the land around the World Tree Terasyr. Thousands of years later the Engora Dynasty grows into prosperity, with Fae and Human together resisting the encroaching advances of evil from the edges of the world, and deathly Longhorn Woods.
As fate brings Wanin the Forest Keeper and the wandering cat-girl Shama Kutami together, the entangling web of destinies unfolds. In a world unforgiven by God, their fight for survival unknowingly bears the weight and sins of thousands of generations hereafter
- Available in English for the first time! Heroine Anthem Zero is the first game in the series to support English!
- Featuring well-known Voice Actors in various languages, including Yūsuke Kobayashi (The Heroic Legend of Arslan) and Tomoka Wakabayashi (The [email protected])
- Exquisitely detailed 2D visuals, bring the world of Heroine Anthem Zero to life with its vibrant characters and stunning world setting.
- A hauntingly beautiful soundtrack, following in the tradition of the Heroine Anthem series: famous composers (known for their work in RPG classics such as Chinese Paladin series) as well as Japanese composers new to the series have joined forces to produce unforgettable music.
- Weapons and skills — Character progression is closely tied to the weapon and items in Heroine Anthem Zero, switching weapons changes damage and other attributes,as well as attack motions. Weapons can also interact with the stage levels.
- Explore carefully crafted side-scrolling maps and dungeons, solve interactive puzzles and discover hidden treasure locations for powerful items.
Hungry Baby: Party Treats – Taste a unique recipe presented by the original publisher of Astro Bears Party and the creators of Timberman VS. Party with your friends as delicious treats.
Hungry Baby: Party Treats is a funny and innovative local multiplayer game that can be played by up to 4 players.
As we all know, a hungry baby is an angry baby. So hurry up, after all, you are a delicious treat and your fate is to end up in a child’s tummy. You’ll encounter murderous obstacles and traps on your way, but every fail and act of greediness gets you closer to victory!
The gameplay stands out from other party games and offers:
- A unique “Try, die, repeat” recipe with Risks VS Rewards ingredients
- Diverse cooperative modes & a delightful campaign mode
- Wide range of characters and special abilities to choose from
Gather with your friends on the couch for hours of fun. Discover a unique take on party games.
Game will be available May 24th.
Lapis x Labyrinth – Stack, Raid, Get Paid!
Help a struggling town recover from bankruptcy in an
age of dwindling adventuring. Plunge into the mysterious Labyrinth while collecting more loot than you can ever imagine.
Available May 28th
Light Tracer – A princess with a mission, the mysterious god-like player and a story with a twist!
Light Tracer is a Platform-Puzzler in which the Player is a godlike creature who has to guide a princess in despair up the enormous Tower of Bellbatis.
Use your hands to either lead the princess past foe and obstacle, or move freely around the world and interact with it. Only those creative enough and with both mind and vision clear can lead the princess to her ultimate goal.
A novel and creative take on the popular genre which opens up a new gaming experience.
The World of Light Tracer: 7 different chapters, 7 different worlds: from Gravity World to Mechanica World, from sliding the princess down icy steps to the final Angelic City.
Challenges many and varied: From classic platforming to enigmatic puzzles and boss fights that test both your reaction speed as well as your thinking speed.
Of Towers and Mysteries: A princess with a mission, the mysterious god-like player and a story with a twist! Play through the levels to find out more about the princess, her relation to the player and the mysterious illness that struck her country.
Little Friends: Dogs & Cats – It’s time to meet your new Little Friends! These adorable puppies and kittens can’t wait to meet you in the first pet training game for Nintendo Switch™!
Play with up to 3 pets at once and own up to 12. Get to know their personalities and feed them their favorite food. Play with your pet using their favorite new toy or take them out for walks and compete in the flying disc tournament, using the Joy-Con™ motion controls or Nintendo Switch touch screen. Each pet has its own personality, behavior and looks. Look after your pet to develop a bond and grow your friendship. Dress them up in more than 600 stylish accessories to make them look their best. Care for your new furry friend to develop a long-lasting friendship.
Pet breeds available: Toy Poodle • Shiba • Chihuahua • French Bulldog • Labrador Retriever • German Shepherd • Japanese Cat • American Shorthair • Scottish Fold
Available May 28th
My Lovely Daughter – My Lovely Daughter is an alchemist simulator that explores the depth of a father’s grief and how far he will go to resurrect his daughter.
My Lovely Daughter is a game about overcoming the loss of a loved one through forbidden alchemy experiments … and murder. You are Faust, an amnesiac alchemist and father, who wakes up alone and confused only to discover that your lovely daughter has died. As you enter the first stages of grief, you do what everyone wishes they could do but can’t: bring back the dead with the power of alchemy.
To revive your daughter, you must perform forbidden alchemy experiments to restore her soul. You will have to create dozens of homunculi, raise them as if they were your own daughter, build relationships with them … and then murder them to harvest their souls!
To support your experiments, you will also need to assign jobs to your homunculi, even sacrifice their bodies in order to sell their remnants, all to keep your income flowing and your research progressing. Perhaps, along the way, you will even recover your own memories and come to understand how this terrible situation came about.
- A dark, twisted story about love and family
- Dozens of “daughters” to raise, each with their own traits and characteristics
- Simulation-based gameplay that directly impacts the story
- Unique art style emphasizing the dark theme of the game
- High replay value with multiple endings, secrets to unlock, and letters to collect
- Gothic-style soundtrack inspired by the immersive world of My Lovely Daughter
Skelly Selest – One Skelly To Save Us All
Prophecy foretells that one day Hell shall runneth over and the evil dead will spill onto thy Earth. Only the Selestial Order can halt the depraved Hellion tide. Skelly Selest is a score-attack slash dash run ‘n’ gun-athon that places players in the skeletal shoes of a Heavenly Keeper. Take on procedurally-generated gauntlets of hellspawn and bosses, and – with precise fighting prowess – defeat the sinful horrors that lurk in the depths of Hell.
- Fight furious battles across several modes, including a roguelite dungeon crawler, endless arena, Boss Rush, challenging Penitence Trials, and even a strategic collectable card game
- Visit the Bone Plains, Flesh Gardens, and other charming locations across a vibrant pixel-art hellscape
- Make acquaintances with monstrous enemies and bosses
- Wield blessed items, weapons, and armor to survive
- Rescue a variety of unlockable character classes and spiffy hats
Available May 24th
Star Sky – A quiet night, the heavens above, and a tale waiting to be told.
Star Sky is a unique and personable experience. From the first moment that you step into the game, you become the narrator of a methodically slow-paced story you choose to weave with every step. Those who rush from start to finish will miss all the secrets and choices woven into the world: you must learn to be patient. Audio cues and blink-of-an-eye visuals will let you know when the magic is about to occur, be sure not to miss it!
Goodnight, and may you find what you’re seeking beneath the stars.
Super Tennis Blast – Smash that ball and have a real blast enjoying the best tennis!
Start your professional career in the World Tour mode, train your skills and become a tennis legend playing on courts around the world.
Host couch parties playing tournaments in singles or doubles with classic rules or the awesome Super Blast modes.
5 minigames and a powerful avatar editor complete the best tennis experience out there.
Available May 24th
TerraTech – Explore, build, craft and battle across alien worlds in this physics-based construction sandbox adventure.
Design cars, tanks and planes from a huge library of blocks. Scavenge, craft and buy new parts in order to survive and become the ultimate planetary prospector.
Single player modes:
- Fight enemies, complete missions & work your way up the ranks in Campaign.
- Explore and build with or without the threat of enemies in Creative.
- Build the fastest Tech you can and beat your previous race times in Gauntlet.
Available May 29th
WONDER BOY RETURNS REMIX – “Wonder Boy” has returned! “Wonder Boy” has been remixed and reborn for Nintendo Switch!
“Wonder Boy” was an arcade hit back in 1986, with its intuitive controls and polished game balance.
This forever famous sidescrolling action game has been remixed and reborn for Nintendo Switch!
Join the adventure of a boy who’s doing his best to save his girlfriend Tina — updated with high-def anime-inspired visuals!
A new feature called the “Charge Shot” has been added to this latest incarnation, allowing you to destroy enemies with a gigantic stone axe!
We hope you’ll enjoy “Wonder Boy Returns Remix,” which has been not just faithfully reproduced, but in fact rearranged and greatly improved by Ryuichi Nishizawa.
Your Toy – Do you remember all the toys from your childhood? Do you remember what happened to them? Where are they now? Though once best friends, they have now become your worst nightmare!
Your Toy is a 3D first person horror room escape game that features an advanced non-repeat puzzle system with challenging riddles, heart-pounding escape sequences and a mysterious narrative that dives deep into your darkest subconsciousness. Players will experience a fully immersive 3D environment, where the realistic art style provides an eerie and engaging atmosphere. Are you ready to enter your nightmares?
Waking up in darkness, you find yourself trapped in a place long forgotten. Cryptic messages, one after another, lure you deeper into the abyss of an intriguing unknown, and a feeling that someone is watching you from the other side of this surreal dimension. Caught between your own memory and a false dream, a forgotten victim returns, but now play-time is reversed. Who is the toy now?
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.