In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy – Become well-coiffed attorney Phoenix Wright and experience the thrill of battle as you fight to save your innocent clients in a court of law. Play all 14 episodes, spanning the first three games, in one gorgeous collection. Solve the intriguing mysteries behind each case and witness the final truth for yourself. The Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy game is available April 9.
Mechstermination Force – Battle against massive bosses, jump and climb onto them to find their weak spots, and blow them to kingdom come in this action-packed platforming boss rush, from the creator of the Gunman Clive series. Take on the massive bosses alone or together with a friend in local co-op.
Arcade Archives Armed F – Equip armor with a wide variety of attacks and utilize formation changes to eradicate the enemy!
“Armed F’ is a shooting game that was released from Nichibutsu in 1988.
Players equip ‘Armor’ what can make variety attacks, and fight in variety world such as the insect stage and the machine stage. Wipe out enemies in a wide range attack with reversing the Armor to change formations.
The “Arcade Archives” series has faithfully reproduced many classic Arcade masterpieces.
Players can change various game settings such as game difficulty, and also reproduce the atmosphere of arcade display settings at that time. Players can also compete against each other from all over the world with their high scores.
Please enjoy the masterpiece that built a generation for video games.
Circuits – Simple in concept, but very challenging and rewarding, Circuits is a musical puzzle game that requires careful listening to complete each level. The goal of Circuits: to piece together the different parts of a song. Sounds easy, but maybe it’s not…
As we love music, we wanted to make a game that gives the player an insight into how music is created and makes listening the core part of the experience. Packed with beautifullly designed minimal graphics, to not disturb the focus of the game, and 25 different songs for the player to reconstruct. So if you like music, you will like Circuits .
- Engaging gameplay that gives an insight into music creation for players
- A soundtrack mix of electronic ambient,dubstep, and epic orchestra composed by David García (Deadlight, Rime…)
- Beautiful minimal design
- And a Turbo Mode!
Available April 5th.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! – Delicious dishes, intense gameplay, now available to-go! Run your restaurant and pick up shifts in your quest to be the best chef in the world.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! is the massive sequel to the surprise best selling original, one of the few games that gives players complete control on how they want to build their restaurant.
- A 60+ hour experience as you build your restaurant from a roach infested eatery to a World Class Platinum Star experience by either running your own restaurant or branching out as a chef for hire, where you take jobs within the tower and various restaurants as you gain experience with the large array of foods, which spans 400 levels across 33 restaurants!
- All new gameplay features and additions, with a greater flexibility of difficulty for those who like it casual or insanely difficult.
- New local co-op mode! The all new split screen co-op feature allows you to play through the entire game with two players, with the ability for players to drop in and out during your progress within the game.
- Design your restaurant with over 1,200 unlockable objects.
Available April 10
Godly Corp – An intern in an intergalactic corporation managing the universe. Use your tentacle to perform unusual office tasks and try to not destroy all life on the planets you look after.
Do you want to do something meaningful in your life? Do you desire more responsibility like responsibility for the fate of the multiverse hanging in the balance? You might want to consider a career with Godly Corp, an upcoming over-the-top simulator with a focus on woobly tentacle physics! Rest assured that every mistake will bring tremendous consequences, just as you wanted!
There also won’t be time for you to burn out in this job as EVERY day is a completely new challenge. On Monday you will be fighting bug infestation, Tuesdays are usually the days when someone tries to rob us, Wednesday might be the casual day! If these assignments sound too easy to you then we guarantee that the more experienced you are the more interesting challenges you will get!
As you can see this is a dream job! Add Godly Corp to your Wishlist and sign up today for a better tomorrow!
- Tentacle Mechanic
- Every level is something completely different
- Hilarious humor and presentation
- Compete on the leaderboard to be the best employee
- Multitasking hell
- Twists at every corner
- Hidden lore bits throughout the whole game
*No healthcare is provided to the employees of Godly Corp which is available on April 5th.
Gabbuci – Demo Version – Gobble it all? Or in moderation, for progress’s sake?
“Gabbuchi”, an action puzzle brain exercise game with simple controls.
“Gabbuchi” is a curious creature that loves gobbling blocks and stuff.
His favorite food is the heart cookie. In order to get it, you have to think about which blocks he can and can’t gobble.
He can gobble blocks the same color as himself. You can change his color, too, so he can gobble different colored blocks. Blocks that are a different color from Gabbuchi can also serve as supports to reach high places!
The more Gabbuchi eats, the more satisfied he gets.
But, if you make him eat too much he won’t be able to get to his heart cookie, so you have to think carefully about what blocks he should and shouldn’t eat!
There are 180 stages awaiting Gabbuchi, ranging from easy to hard.
With the included level editor, you can even make your own stages, so there’s no end to all the ways you can satisfy Gabbuchi!
Demo available on April 5, 2019.
Hob: The Definitive Edition – A world of mystery and intrigue awaits.
From the creators of Torchlight™ and Torchlight II™! Traverse and transform the mysterious world of Hob. This vibrant, atmospheric adventure game is set in a stunning and brutal world in disarray. As players delve into the mysteries around them, they discover a planet in peril. Can it be mended, or will the world fall further into chaos? Now with enhanced performance and features, only available on Nintendo Switch in this definitive edition.
- UNCOVER THE MYSTERY: The world of Hob is full of mystery and wonder. Unravel the planet’s mysteries as you explore and interact with the strange lifeforms that inhabit it.
- TRANSFORM THE WORLD by solving puzzles and repairing the planet. The landscape will change before your eyes, opening new areas to uncover and explore.
- UNLOCK NEW POWERS: Upgrade your mechanical glove-arm to reveal new abilities and grapple, punch, and warp your way through the world
- ADVENTURE in an open world, explore ruins, befriend sprites, and battle the rogue creatures that threaten their extinction.
- THE ULTIMATE HOB EXPERIENCE: This all-new version includes Nintendo Switch console-exclusive features like HD Rumble and touch screen support, and refines the original game with increased camera control options, streamlined menus, and a reworked campaign that make discovering the world of Hob better than ever!
Modern Tales: Age of Invention – Foil the plan for world domination!
Paris, 1900. During the world expo an unknown force kidnaps the brightest minds of the century. To what sinister end? Step into the shoes of Emily Patterson – the daughter of one of the captured scientists – to conduct your own investigation, follow the trail of the captor and thwart his evil plans before the fate of the world is sealed.
Monster Slayers – Monster Slayers is a rogue-like deck-building RPG adventure with an innovative card-based battle system that lets you customize a deck to suit your play style.
Create a hero to join the Monster Slayers Guild and choose your path through the perilous Northern Valley as you follow your quest to defeat the legendary Harbinger and become a true Monster Slayer.
- Battle undead goblins, lion outlaws, mighty dragons and other monstrous foes using a unique card-based combat system
- Strategically shape your deck as you acquire new cards
- Collect fame from each run to unlock new abilities
- Every playthrough is different: levels, enemy encounters and loot are randomly generated
- 12 different character classes: Rogue, Ranger, Knight, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard, Assassin, Beastmaster, Apothecary, Brute, Monk, and Necromancer
- Recruit companions and make use of their special abilities
- Equip your hero with stat-boosting loot to improve the chances of victory.
Available April 5
Out There: Ω The Alliance – Out There is an award-winning space exploration game where you try to survive alone in a distant and unknown part of the galaxy by upgrading your spaceship and managing your resources. Space is a hostile place; dangerous and mysterious adventures will mark each step of your travel. You will not only meet insidious intelligent species, but also deal with ancient powers linked to your destiny and the fate of mankind itself.
WHAT’S NEW IN OUT THERE: Ω THE ALLIANCE?
For space explorers familiar with Out There, there will plenty of new content in Out There: Ω The Alliance such as three new spaceships, more than 30 new interactive stories, new 3D planet environments, alien escort missions, new Cocoon tech, and an additional ending to discover.
- A dark and challenging strategic adventure in deep space
- Every game plays out differently within a procedurally-generated galaxy
- Epic main storyline leading to any of 5 different endings
- 13 spaceships with different specs to discover
- Crafting system with alien technologies built from raw material found in space
- Engage with alien life forms and learn their language
- No combat! It’s just you against the harsh environment
- Fantastic pulp comics graphics and art style
- Lovingly adapted from the original play style for the Nintendo Switch
Available April 9th.
OVERWHELM – OVERWHELM is an action horror-world platformer where enemies power-up and you don’t.
Horror-world Exploration: Explore the oppressive caverns of the hive, guided only by a sparse map. Enemies can appear from anywhere at any time.
Bosses Give Enemies Power-Ups: As you defeat each of the five unique bosses, their abilities get distributed to the enemies of the world with escalating difficulty.
Tactile, Tense Combat: Combat is crunchy and fast. One hit and you die. Three deaths and the run is over. Defeat bosses in different orders to optimize your playthrough.
Intense Soundtrack & Soundscape: The sparse but powerful soundscape keeps you focused and scared. The soundtrack provides occasional ominous synths to compliment intense boss fights and big moments.
Co-op Mode (Exclusive to Nintendo Switch): For the first time ever, fight with a friend through OVERWHELM. Distract enemies, team-up and revive each other to make it out alive.
In Pitfall Planet, you and your friend are equipped with the latest and greatest in astro-mining technology.
Players can use their grappling hooks to pick up objects (including each other!) and throw them over gaps or cliffs.
To collect all the ore in each level, you’ll learn to master the art of teamwork!
With the help of your buddy, activate otherwise unreachable buttons and levers, navigate to higher areas using crates, hop across sections with bouncy pads and overcome rockets, tanks, and more!
As if hours of challenging puzzle-based gameplay is not enough, players can then spend their gems upgrading the two protagonists with a range of fancy headwear to make them the best-dressed robots on the planet, perhaps even the galaxy.
- Play with a friend through a variety of levels with intriguing puzzles and dangerous enemies…
- …or adventure on your own controlling both astrobots for a real challenge!
- Gorgeous graphics bring the astrobots and the vibrant planet to life.
- Explore a mysterious overworld to discover caverns and secrets.
- Find hidden gems in every level, which can be used to unlock fancy hats!
- Mesmerizing instrumental ambient music
- Throw your friends into pits of lava!
- Do it again! Don’t worry, they’ll be just fine.
Pressure Overdrive – Step up a gear: Pressure returns with Overdrive! Start your steam buggy and join “La Resistance”…it’s still time to prevent Count Soap from powering his Uber-Spa with stolen water!
Pressure Overdrive is a complete overhaul of the original Pressure game. In this enhanced version, you revisit an action-packed world, filled with crazy characters and funky humor.
Pressure Overdrive will challenge your skills, while you race, ram and blast your way through countless bullets and enemies.
Customize your buggy for clever play styles and have a friend join the cause in local coop mode.
“La Resistance” counts on you!
Do you have what it takes?
Royal Adviser – A pass-and-play game of hidden alliances, backstabbing and politics for 3-6 players.
In Royal Adviser the players take on the roles of court advisers of an old King and attempt to seize power for themselves. Each player has a secret goal that they must achieve by manipulating the kingdom and advising the King on daily issues.
They can also form secret alliances, spy, and accuse each other of their ambitions.
One match takes about 20-30 minutes.
Safety First! – Safety First! is a twin stick physics puzzler in which you have to fix broken electric wires using your Magical Yellow Repair Liquid (MYRL). Get ready for a challenging journey through a variety of gameplay mechanics and hilarious sound design. Can you beat all 69 levels?
Your grandma turned her vintage radio up too much and caused lots of cables to break in the nearby power plant. With your awesome electrician skills you embark on a mission to fix all those broken wires employing your Magical Yellow Repair Liquid. Get ready for a challenging and physically totally accurate journey!
Control your characters feet using the thumb sticks of your gamepad. Be warned though, he’s quite fragile. Deploy Magical Yellow Repair Liquid where necessary so your grandma can enjoy her favorite tune again*.
For your convenience we included “Grandmas favorite tune” in the credits scroller
- Totally awesome features in 69(!) levels throughout 3 campaigns
- Classic campaign with 30 levels
- Advanced campaign with another even weirder 32 levels. Looking for some gameplay variation? Try this mode: You can only lift one foot at a time. One foot stays on the ground.
- Space (yes, Space!) campaign: A couple of more levels with zero gravity
Tons of (well, three) play modes:
- NRML: default
- PEP: everything is faster, flashing light, faster music
- DRNK: world rocks back and forth, rock music, alternate voice audio (“German Sch**sse Mode!”), brown Myrlballs
Fun to fail, quick to retry!
- Interact with various physics driven objects
- Immersive sound effects and voice acting
- Interactive soundtrack that constantly changes
- Lots of achievements
- Entertaining to watch and listen to. You will tell your grandkids about it someday.
Sephirothic Stories – Discover the truth behind the world tree’s waning power in a fantasy RPG!
Shendoah―a world protected by Sephiroth. However, with the power of the world tree having begun to wane, countless people have been overcome by an encroaching murk that has transformed them into monsters. Now with the world on the verge of destruction, an unlikely band sets out an adventure with their convictions…
Yet, what shocking truth awaits them at the end of their journey…?
Navigate trap-filled dungeons using only your mind and wit to conquer challenging puzzles! Use individual character abilities to make headway and unleash powerful attacks called “fusions” in turn-based battles! Weapon upgrades and many subquests are available for additional enjoyment.
SMASHING THE BATTLE – Stylish hack-and-slash action with two stunning heroines smashing robots to pieces!
In the year 2085 a huge multiplex construction site has become victim of a massive scale hacking incident and the construction robots have started attacking the workers on site. What could have possibly happened?
Experience the fights for yourself, taking control of two beautiful heroines as you battle through their stories to the end.
- Two storylines
Play through the storylines of two heroines to discover their destinies.
- Two distinct play styles
Each heroine features unique gameplay that leads to different stories with new challenges.
- Hack-and-slash / Shoot‘em Up Hybrid
Fight off enemies with devastating attacks filling the whole screen with explosives!
Evade the oncoming attacks and squeeze between the danger to let off attacks and destroy the enemies.
- Fan-art From Various Artists
Fan-art drawn by various artists during the production are included as bonus content that can be unlocked as you play through the game.
- SUPER DRAGON BALL HEROES WORLD MISSION
- Power-Up Pack (11 Early Unlock Cards)
SUPER DRAGON BALL HEROES WORLD MISSION is a Tactical-Card game packed with exhilarating confrontation, deep card game strategy and a thrilling storyline taking place in the wide Dragon Ball Heroes universe!
Welcome to Hero Town, an alternate reality where Dragon Ball Heroes card game is the most popular form of entertainment. Create your own avatar and follow his journey to become the world champion of Super Dragon Ball Heroes. However, when the antagonists from the virtual game world appear in Hero Town and start wreaking havoc, you have to jump into the game world and team up with famous Dragon Ball characters to restore peace in the real world.
- Create your own avatar
- More than 350 Characters
- More than a thousand cards !
- Card and Mission Creation Mode
- Online and local Battle
A must-have for all Dragon Ball fans and Card Game enthusiasts! Build your best deck and become the World Champion of Super Dragon Ball Heroes !!
Available April 5th!
Switch ’N’ Shoot – Endless arcade action with just ONE button – Switch directions whenever you shoot!
Calling all pilots: Earth is under alien attack! Your assistance is required! No experience necessary.
Piloting an advanced star fighter with just one button is simple: you switch, you shoot. Every shot fired changes your direction, and mastering this is the key to becoming a legend among the stars. Timing is everything!
QUICK. SIMPLE. CHALLENGING:
Don’t underestimate its simplicity; this game tests your reflexes like no other! And while your ship might become stardust in a matter of seconds, you can instantly jump back in for “just one more go”.
RETRO ARCADE FEEL:
A love letter to arcade classics with crunchy pixel art, chiptune soundtrack, authentic cabinet artwork and compulsive gameplay. Only now you don’t need a stack of coins to stand a chance at getting a High Score.
Unlock 64 palettes that completely change the look of everything in the game. Choose from 8-bit favorites or create your own!
At the touch of a button your screen rotates into portrait mode (a.k.a. TATE Mode) for a truly authentic arcade experience. The game supports a wide range of controller setups so how you play is up to you.
Available April 10th, 2019
The friends of Ringo Ishikawa – The friends of Ringo Ishikawa is a unique and immersive existential open world beat ‘em up – experience the story, meet new characters and explore the town.
Ringo Ishikawa is a gang leader but also a senior in High School, with day-to-day challenges and routines to follow. You have freedom in how you pass each day, and as time progresses a natural story plays out that is inspired by yakuza-delinquent aesthetics. This is a story about gangs, friendships and, most of all, about growing up.
You can pick fights with other gangs and master the game’s mechanics, utilising punches, kicks and grapples while levelling up Ringo and his gang members. You can go shopping, hang out at a burger restaurant or café, head to the bar, or even get a job to earn money for food, activities, a TV and other goodies that unlock minigames. On top of that you have classes and homework to consider, as you can strive for top grades or play truant. Above all of this, the story of Ringo Ishikawa plays out for you to experience.
With stylish retro-inspired visuals and a varied soundtrack to perfectly fit the mood, The friends of Ringo Ishikawa gives an awesome blend of narrative, action, varied challenges and a Japanese vibe.
- A unique game that blends a varied setting with a detailed story, beat ‘em up mechanics and much more.
- Get to know the game’s cast and form friendships, relationships and even make some enemies.
- Distinct pixel-based visuals that look great in TV Mode or in Handheld Mode.
- A memorable soundtrack to add further life to the town and surrounding areas.
- Make money, stay fed, study for school, go to a bar, café or restaurant or play various minigames; there’s a lot to discover!
The Mystery of Woolley Mountain – An otherworldly comedy adventure
The Mystery of Woolley Mountain is an otherworldly adventure game filled with strange beasts, evil witches, confused automatons and wacky ropemen.
Join a renegade crew of time-travelling audio scientists on a hilarious and fantastical quest. A malevolent witch has captured a group of children, and it’s up to you to save them from the mysterious island of Woolley Mountain!
Explore a rich and interactive set of environments, filled with head-scratching puzzles. Unravel a salacious storyline, meet a cornucopia of quirky characters, and boogie on down to an awesome original soundtrack!
- Colourful world: A fantastical sprawling universe, populated by beasts, witches, automatons, ropemen and other strange and wonderful beings.
- Family content and all-ages humour: No swearing… well, maybe the word ‘darn’ on occasion!
- Striking 2D graphics: A lovingly hand-crafted art style.
- Gripping story: The five scientists travel in their amazing time-traversing Crystal Submarine from island to island. Can they make it to the dangerous island of Woolley mountain, destroy the evil witch, and rescue the kids?
The Mystery of Woolley Mountain is available April 10th.
War Theatre – Turn-based strategy with RPG elements. Take command of seven unique heroes, each with a specialization to change the course of every battle.
War has come to Kasalli. As endless conflict rages, seven warriors discover an ancient power that promises mastery over any battlefield.
From the developers of Plague Road, War Theatre expands classic turn-based strategy gameplay with RPG elements. Choose your hero and take to battle in single-player campaigns set in a continent ravaged by ceaseless war. Complete quests to earn perks and unlock deeper customization options to refine your strategy and dominate opponents in multiplayer.
Yet Another Zombie Defense HD – Darkness is coming. How long can YOU survive?
Yet Another Zombie Defense HD is all about defending yourself against hordes of darkness attacking you every night. However, when you’re a lone survivor struggling against waves of enemies who are getting stronger and stronger, your end is inevitable. The only important question is how long can YOU survive?
The game is a top-down arcade zombie shooter with strategy elements. You’re able to choose from variety of weapons to mount them onto auto turrets and set up defensive barricades to stay alive as long as you can. It’s for gamers who like to put their skills to the test, find optimal strategy, and reach the highest spot on leaderboards! It also features both online and local co-op mode, where you can blast zombies with up to three friends as well as player vs player deathmatch mode!
Available April 5th.
Zombie Scrapper – Protect your BRAINS!
Zombie Scrapper is a twin stick shooter that will test your survival skills! Battle through an onslaught of zombies; not just your regular undead horde, but also fast, beefy and even exploding zombies! Be sure to collect as much scrap as you can to even the odds in this intense zombie thriller!
From solely trying to survive to stumbling your way into a secret facility and escaping it. There is a lot to experience in the 36 zombie-infested levels that you are thrown into.
If barely surviving the zombie apocalypse didn’t leave a satisfying taste in your mouth. Test your survival skills and earned arsenal in 12 endless survival levels to see how long you can really survive.
OVERCOME THE HORDE
No one ever survived without learning some new tricks! Train yourself with unique skills that will improve your movement speed, strength, and resourcefulness to hope that you can live another day.
Take the fight to the zombies by unlocking 36 new takes on classic zombie fighting weaponry like fire axes, samurai swords, shotguns, and rifles. Collect enough scrap and the zombies won’t know what hit them with weapons like the flame thrower, rocket launcher, and mini-gun.
Master the game by completing all 14 achievements that will show off that you aren’t someone to mess with once the dead walk this earth.
KILL IN STYLE
No one ever said you need to look like a scrub while fighting zombies. Customize your appearance with 12 different hats that range from super silly to outright rad.
Available April 5th.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.