Tuesday October 30th, 2018, Manchester, UK – Merge Games, together with Leeds-based developer Laser Dog, are proud to announce the upcoming release of HoPiKo on the Nintendo Switch.
A virus, known as the Nanobyte has infected hardware around the globe rendering all systems useless – gaming is dead. The HoPiKo, who ran the games, have been enslaved… It’s time to hook up your power gloves and save your HoPiKo brothers!
HoPiKo is an intense speed run platformer where you get to save gaming. Jump from platform to platform avoiding death, exploiting shortcuts and ripping through 100s of hand-crafted levels, each one dropped into a five-stage mini run designed to break your mind!
Compete to be the fastest in the world with time based scores, level pars and collectable retro consoles opening unique bonus runs.
- Fast and brutal twitch-based gameplay.
- Utilise the Nintendo Switch’s Jon-Cons and touch screen for quick precision jumps.
- Awesome chiptune soundtrack written and composed on authentic hardware.
- Uses every ounce of your muscle memory.
- Unique minimal controls, you’ve never played a platformer like this!
HoPiKo will release on the 15th of November with a price of £7.99 and $/€9.99. HoPiKo will be available to pre-order from the 8th of November on the Nintendo eShop, any purchases made between the 8th and 22nd of November will receive a 20% discount as part of an introductory offer.