Love letter to Windjammers hitting Switch, PS4, Xbox One and Steam
Pittsburgh, USA –August 29th, 2018– Retro independent developer Mega Cat Studios releases a Kickstarter campaign on September 12th to fund their multi-award-winning arcade sports game Log Jammers.
August 31-September 3rd – Log Jammers is being showcased at PAX West – Meet the team at our booth
Log Jammers is an energetic competitive arcade sports game featuring axe-throwing, blade-catching action with a retro vibe in the vein of Windjammers. Unique character abilities, funky arenas, and trash-talking timber beasts will keep you chopping!
“It’s finally nearing release, and we couldn’t be happier”, says Zack Manko, Lead Cat at Mega Cat Studios. “There’s something here for any Windjammers fan, and the demo is available on Steam to appease your curiosities.”
Log Jammers first smashed onto the scene on the Nintendo Entertainment System in 2017, presented in an exclusive and handsome wooden cartridge for hardcore fans worldwide. The PC version will boast all new features, graphics, and music, as well as online 1v1 action!
Mega Cat Studios wants you to jam out on any platform, however. That’s why the developer’s Kickstarter campaign will cover the cost of porting and console certification for Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. The studio wants to make a substantial and long-lasting title, and supporting a large player base is no small undertaking. Kickstarter funds will also be used for Twitch and Mixer integration, so that you can share all your jam sessions.
Log Jammers won the Best Digital Game Play and the Digital Game of the Year prizes –both awarded by the Gameacon 2017– and has been one of the top 10 best games in PAX South 2018 according to TechRaptor.
Visit the official website: http://games.megacatstudios.com/Log-Jammers/
- Slam your axe into your opponent’s goal in fast-paced blade tossing carnage!
- Activate power-ups to set your blade ablaze or cover your opponent in slippery oil!
- Grab the star to unleash each character’s unique special throw!
- Choose a timber beast with a level of speed, technique, and swoleness that suits your play style!
- Jam out in funky arenas like a mayonnaise factory spill, 80s hell, and a peaceful beaver pond!
- Get to know colorful characters, like Bruiser Bogardus, the strong man who makes exercise equipment out of wood, or the Mayonnaise Monsoon, a bloated corpse who died in an industrial accident
- Revel in victory as your lumberjack trash talks your vanquished opponent!
- A physical cartridge NES version for hardcore fans and retro enthusiasts is also available!
- Amp up the body count in cheerleader mode!