Anyone got a SNES or SEGA Genesis handy?
Out now on the 16-bit platforms Super Nintendo Entertainment System and Sega Genesis, and on the classic Nintendo Entertainment System, Little Medusa is an action puzzler set in ancient Greece and starred by a polymorphed deity. The game is launched on physical format only and can be obtained through Mega Cat Studios’ official store: https://megacatstudios.com/products/little-medusa.
In Little Medusa you will have to take back Mount Olympus from the Titans, who have escaped their eternal prisons and transformed Artemiza, a young goddess, into a gorgon. Now she must petrify enemies, solve puzzles, and dodge traps in her battle to save the realms of the gods.
“Gorgon’s can be cute too”, says Zack Manko, Lead Cat at Mega Cat Studios. “A puzzle platformer to feed the Gorgon in all of us had to be created and given a 16 bit life. We did that.”
Little Medusa features truly authentic retro puzzle action with charming pixel-art visuals. All three platforms have their own soundtrack and art, and there’s also a hidden entire world on each version.
Key Facts and Features
- A lovable protagonist brought to life with beautiful, hand-drawn art that shines with charm!
- 5 worlds of puzzling petrification!
- Clash with centaurs, fallen heroes, and the Titans themselves!
- Challenging obstacles and brain-boggling action found in each new area!
- Solve the puzzles fast enough and unlock a secret world, complete with a new ending to the story!
- An exciting story inspired by Greek mythology, told through animated cut scenes!
- 15 unlockable achievements will keep you coming back for more!
- For all the Greek gods and goddesses out there, we’ve added Olympian Mode, a hard as rock challenge with permadeath.
You’ve got one chance to get beat each stage, defeat all the titans, and Go Full Gorgon to unlock the final achievement!
About Mega Cat Studios
Mega Cat Studios is an independent passionate video game development studio who seek to create meaningful experiences through their games and services. In a world of cloud storage, download codes and virtual licenses, they are excited and proud to create exclusive artisan collectibles that complement the effort that goes into indie and homebrew development. They publish retro cartridges for classic consoles such as NES, SNES and Genesis.