In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel.
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
eShop on Nintendo Switch
LEGO Worlds – The LEGO Worlds game is a galaxy of imaginative Worlds made entirely of LEGO bricks that lets players explore, discover and create together. Starter Worlds help players master the skills and tools they’ll need to unlock their true creative potential and explore myriad Worlds. LEGO Worlds will be available on Sept. 5.
League of Evil - Use your acrobatic skills to punch your way through levels filled with deadly traps and defeat your enemies.
The world is counting on you!
In this new version we bring you new features such as new exclusive levels and a level editor, that will allow players to create and share their own levels! You can even share levels with players all over the world! This works accross platforms, increasing the total amount of levels available.
- 140 challenging levels, divided into 4 chapters.
- Amazing level editor to make your own levels, download new ones from the community and best of all, cross-platform level sharing!
- Classic 8-bit style art style
- Awesome one punch decapitations!
- Rocking chiptune soundtrack.
- Super fast and challenging gameplay
- Each level has a briefcase to collect as a bonus challenge. Try to collect them all!
- Beat the levels as fast as you can to receive the highest score!
(Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
R.B.I. Baseball 17 - COME READY TO PLAY!
Your breakout MLB season is on Nintendo Switch! R.B.I. Baseball 17 returns in the fourth edition of the classic franchise, developed by MLB.com. Fun, fast paced, high-octane baseball action bring back R.B.I's pick-up-and-play roots. Take control of your game with reactive pitching and batting systems that allow for in-the-moment decisions. R.B.I. 17 is packed with 30 authentic ballparks, advanced stat tracking, season game sims and roster updates throughout the season. R.B.I. Baseball is back, you gotta come ready to play!
- Accessible, Fast-paced, Fun: Play a full nine-inning game in under 20 minutes with easy-to-use two button controls
- Awesome Game Modes: Season, Postseason, and Exhibition modes, including season saving and siming capabilities.
- Authentic MLB Experience: Play with all 30 MLB teams, 30 detailed ballparks and over 1,000 MLB Players with detailed attributes.
- Your Team, Your Way: Modify your lineup or play classic R.B.I. Baseball rosters. Stay current with roster updates throughout the season.
- Stats: Track your season stats by team, player and league leaders across multiple seasons.
- Challenge a Friend: Dock your Switch and face off against a rival at home, or pop your Joy-Con controllers and play anywhere in Tabletop Mode
(Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Sept. 5
Azure Striker GUNVOLT: STRIKER PACK -Get ready for high-speed 2D side-scrolling action combined with deep storytelling!
Gunvolt's supercharged saga strikes onto the Nintendo Switch!
Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack brings the electrifying 2D side-scrolling action games "Azure Striker Gunvolt" and "Azure Striker Gunvolt 2", which previously made their home on the Nintendo 3DS, onto the Nintendo Switch in one single package.
In "Azure Striker Gunvolt", you take control of Gunvolt's high-speed mobility and repertoire of electrical attacks to make short work of your enemies. As an "adept" who possesses supernatural "septimal powers," Gunvolt fights for the freedom of the nation from the tyrannical rule of the massive conglomerate known as the Sumeragi Group and the invasion of a super-powerful group of adepts known as Eden.
Azure Striker Gunvolt's deep storyline plays out both during breaks in the action and in the thick of battle too! Featuring a robust cast of characters that are fully voiced (in Japanese) and over 25 vocal tracks performed by characters in the game, the world of Gunvolt provides excitement at every turn.
The Nintendo Switch version also features a slew of upgrades from the 3DS version, including a 60 FPS upgrade, upgraded UI, high-resolution event graphics, the entire DLC catalog from the 3DS version pre-loaded into the game, a brand new vocal track from the character Lumen, AKA "The Muse," HD Rumble compatibility, and more
(Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
ACA NEOGEO ZED BLADE - "ZED BLADE" has been announced! Destroy the escaped giant fortress known as Yggdrasil!
"ZED BLADE" is a horizontal-scrolling shoot 'em up released by NMK in 1994.
With the ability to select aircraft weaponry, you can battle in a way that fits your play style.
Join Operation Ragnarok to destroy the giant runaway fortress Yggdrasil.
The "ACA NEOGEO" series has faithfully reproduced many classic NEOGEO masterpieces.
Players can change various game settings such as game difficulty, and also reproduce the atmosphere of arcade display settings at that time. Players can also compete against each other from all over the world with their high scores.
Please enjoy the masterpiece that built a generation for video games.
(Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Annihilation - A top down arcade shooter in pixel form! Blast waves of enemies and protect your base at all costs in Annihilation!
Annihilation is a top down arcade shooter. Defend your base from waves of enemies that spawn in random variations for endless fun. Try to earn high scores and go for perfect scores! Grab a friend and fight off waves of enemies together in a special Co-op mode. Prepare for the onslaught in, Annihilation.
(Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Great deals this week!
- Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
- Choose a Special Hero for Your Army – Before the Fire Emblem Heroes mobile game launched, a Choose Your Legends event was held to determine the most popular Fire Emblem characters. Now special versions of the four winning Heroes can be summoned in game. Plus, to thank fans for their participation, we’re letting them pick whichever one of these four Special Heroes they like best for FREE (without using Orbs)! The one chosen will be summoned as a five-star Hero. Then, players can use Orbs for a chance to summon the other three Heroes. But act fast – this event ends Sept. 14 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Voting Gauntlet – The top eight finishers from the Choose Your Legends event are going head-to-head. Get in on the action before it ends on Sept. 5 at 8:59 p.m. PT.
Celebrate a month full of Pokémon games with new My Nintendo rewards. On Sept. 22, the fast-paced fighting game Pokkén Tournament DX lands on the Nintendo Switch console. On that same day, two of the most beloved Pokémon games of all time, Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version, arrive on the Virtual Console service for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. To help celebrate, My Nintendo is offering some great, themed Pokémon rewards. Redeem your points now and get the new September calendar to help you prepare for the big day.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch, http://www.nintendo.com/wiiuor http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...